In this course with a particular focus on CompTIA A+ certification exam preparation, you'll gain the needed knowledge of basic computer hardware and operating systems.
- Course Start Date: Jan. 23
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Comptia A+ Training Courses
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
CompTIA's A+ certification is the industry standard for validating the foundational skills needed by today's computer support technicians and is included in the approved list of certifications to meet DoD Directive 8570.1 requirements. This international vendor-neutral certification requires that you pass two exams: CompTIA A+ Essentials Exam 220-801 and Practical Application Exam 220-802.
In this course with a particular focus on CompTIA A+ certification exam preparation, you'll gain the needed knowledge of basic computer hardware and operating systems. You will cover the essential principles of installing, building, upgrading, repairing, configuring, troubleshooting, optimizing, and preventative maintenance on desktop and laptop computers. You will also learn elements of customer service and communication skills necessary to work with clients. Instructor-led practice exams and quizzes help reinforce course concepts and exam readiness.
This full-service test preparation course includes:
- A+ study guide
- A+ pre- and post-assessment test questions
- Reading plan, comprehension exercises, and study digest
- Voucher for each A+ exam
- Custom labs for hands-on learning
Our A+ Prep Course courseware has received CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum (CAQC) approval. The CompTIA CAQC symbol assures you that all test objectives are covered in the training material.What You'll Learn
- Prepare for the latest A+ certification exams
- Fundamentals of computer technology
- Install and configure PC operating systems
- Configure common features for Android and Apple iOS mobile operating systems
- PC components
- Preventative maintenance
- Operating system technologies
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Computer hardware and peripherals
- Network connections
- Laptop and portable computing device components
- Support printers and scanners
- Secure PCs
Individuals seeking CompTIA A+ certification (220-801/220-802)Course Outline
1. Motherboards and Expansion Cards
- Safety procedures
- BIOS settings
- Expansion cards
- Power supplies
- RAM types and features
- Storage devices and media
- Connection interfaces
- Connectors and cables
- Display devices
- Other devices
- Imaging processes
- Printer installation
- Printer maintenance
- Notebook hardware components
- Notebook displays
- Laptop features
- Internet connection types
- Network devices
- Networking basics
- Network cable and connector types
- Cable and connector properties
- Networking tools
- Ports and protocols
- Wireless networking standards
- Wireless SOHO networking
- Communication and professionalism
- Environmental issues
- Incident response
- Troubleshooting methodology
- The troubleshooting toolkit
- Comparing Windows editions
- Configuring Windows Explorer
- Command line utility
- System configuration tools
- System information and monitoring
- Task management
- Configuration files
- Device and hardware settings
- Disks and partitions
- Creating network connections
- Sharing files and printers
- Remote connections
- Users and authentication
- Windows security policies
- File system security
- Identifying common threats
- Physical security
- Digital security
- Data destruction and disposal
- Malware detection and removal
- Performing backups
- Disk maintenance
- Updating software
- Securing wired networks
- Securing wireless networks
- Troubleshooting core system elements
- Troubleshooting storage devices
- Troubleshooting laptop computers
- Troubleshooting display issues
- Printer troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting the physical network
- Troubleshooting the logical network
- Startup and recovery tools
- Troubleshooting Windows and application issues
- Comparing tablets and laptops
- Basic features of mobile operating systems
- Mobile networks and e-mail
- Securing mobile devices
- Synchronizing data
- Preparing to install Windows
- Windows installation
- Windows upgrades and compatibility
29. Certification Exam Objectives Map
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- End-user skills with Windows-based PCs - Basic knowledge of computing concepts
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration for this course has been closed.
This course may be available on a different date listed below.
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 25 times.