In this comprehensive course, you will gain in-depth knowledge of BGP, the routing protocol that is one of the underlying foundations of the Internet.
- Course Start Date: Nov. 30
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
09:30 AM - 06:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Cisco Routing and Switching Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn to optimally deploy BGP in your network.
In this comprehensive course, you will gain in-depth knowledge of BGP, the routing protocol that is one of the underlying foundations of the Internet. You will explore the theory of BGP, configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers, and detailed troubleshooting information.
Our enhanced hands-on labs provide you with the skills needed to configure and troubleshoot BGP networks in both enterprise and service provider environments. You'll also learn BGP network design issues and usage rules for various features as well as how to design and implement efficient, optimal, and trouble-free BGP networks.
What You'll Learn
- Implement the correct BGP configuration to allow your network to act as an ISP
- Configure BGP with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- Configure a provider network to behave as a transit autonomous system (AS)
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable inter-domain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains
- Use BGP policy controls to influence the route selection process with minimal impact on BGP route processing in a network scenario where you must support connections to multiple ISPs
- Configure BGP to connect the customer network to the Internet when multiple connections must be implemented
- Enable route reflection and confederations as possible solutions to BGP scaling issues
- Optimize the scalability of the BGP routing protocol in a typical network
- Internet Service Providers
- Networking professionals who need to connect to ISPs
- CCIP and CCIE certification candidates
- Otherindividuals who need to understand how to configure Cisco routers for the BGP protocol
1. BGP Overview
- Session Establishment
- Path Attributes
- Route Processing
- Basic Configuration
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Working with a Transit AS
- Interacting with IBGP and EBGP in a Transit AS
- Forwarding Packets in a Transit AS
- Configuring a Transit AS
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting IBGP in a Transit AS
- Multihomed BGP Networks
- Employing AS Path Filters
- Filtering with Prefix Lists
- Outbound Route Filtering
- Applying Route Maps as BGP Filters
- Implementing Changes in BGP Policy
- BGP Route Selection with Weights
- BGP Local Preference
- AS-Path Prepending
- BGP Multi-Exit Discriminator (MED)
- Addressing BGP Communities
- Customer-to-Provider Connectivity Requirements
- Implementing Customer Connectivity Using Static Routes
- Connecting a Multihomed Customer to Single or Mulitple Service Providers
- Scaling IGP and BGP in Service Provider Networks
- Designing Networks and Route Reflectors
- Configuring and Monitoring Route Reflectors
- Configuring and Monitoring Confederations
- Improving BGP Convergence
- Limiting the Number of Prefixes Received from a BGP Neighbor
- Implementing BGP Peer Groups
- BGP Route Dampening
Lab 1: Network Setup
- Establish physical connectivity between routers
- Configure IP addressing
- Enable an Interior Routing Protocol
- Verify routing
- Create two EBGP peerings
- Advertise networks into BGP
- Redistribute your IGP into BGP
- Examine the effects of BGP auto-summarization
- Summarize routes to your neighbor
- Configure an IBGP peering with another edge router
- Peering with loopback interfaces
- Examine effect of BGP synchronization
- Discover BGP next-hop behavior
- Examine the effects of multihoming on path selection
- Filter updates to external routers
- Manipulate path selection using AS-path filters and regular expressions
- Filter advertised AS routes using prefix lists
- Monitor and verify the actions of BGP Route Refresh
- Configure BGP soft inbound reconfiguration
- Configure a second BGP peering for each router
- Set a weight value for routes received from each EBGP neighbor
- Monitor the resulting path choice
- Use the Local Preference attribute to control BGP path selection
- Configure AS-Path Prepending to make one path into your AS look more attractive than the other
- Use the MED attribute to influence the BGP path selection by routers in neighboring systems
- Configure the community attribute in setting local preference BGP policies
- Configure your AS as a service provider
- Configure full-mesh IBGP
- Determine appropriate filters for routing updates to and from your customer
- Configure and apply filters
- Configure a hierarchical route reflector structure
- Examine the effects of route reflectors on routing updates
- Divide your AS into confederations
- Configure intra- and inter-confederation peerings
- Configure peering with external neighbors
- Examine the effects of confederation on routing updates
- Examine the effects of BGP session establishment and route updates on router resources
- Examine how timers speed BGP convergence
- Set a maximum prefix value
- Place neighboring BGP routers into peer groups
- Apply policy configuration to peer groups
- Configure and apply route dampening to external peers
- Monitor the results when that peer's routes flap
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- ICND2 - Interconnecting Cisco Network - ROUTE - Implementing Cisco IP Routing v1.0
33 Cisco Learning Credits
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 50 times.