In this course, you'll walk through a project using the agile project management methodology from conception to completion. You will learn and apply agile practices as you determine ways to make your own projects more agile.
- Course Start Date: Jan. 16
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Agile Programming Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn the agile methodology in this hands-on, skills-building course.
Agile software development methods differ significantly from traditional plan-based approaches, affecting how projects are planned and managed. In this course, you'll walk through a project using the agile project management methodology from conception to completion. You will learn and apply agile practices as you determine ways to make your own projects more agile.
Your role as the project manager of an agile project will look much different as you form and coach a self-directed team, facilitate continuous collaboration with your customer, embrace changing requirements, and deliver business value (production-ready software) to your customer early and regularly throughout the project.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- The agile lifecycle and how it differs from traditional lifecycle models
- The unique agile values, principles, and practices
- Envisioning (referred to as "Initiation" in The PMBOK® Guide)
- Incremental speculation (The PMBOK® Guide's "Planning" and "Re-Planning")
- Iterative exploring ("Execution" in The PMBOK® Guide)
- Adapting to what is learned (The PMBOK® Guide's "Monitoring and Controlling")
- Iterative closure ("Closing" in The PMBOK® Guide)
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- IT Managers
- Team Leads
1. Introduction to Agility
- The Agile Lifecycle
- About Agility
- Envision the Product and Project
- Assemble the Agile Team
- Compile the Product Backlog (Coarse-Grain Requirements)
- Plan Iterations (Sprints) and Releases
- Embrace the High-Level (Coarse-Grain) Plan
- Define Iteration Requirements
- Plan and Estimate Iteration Tasks
- Finalize the Iteration Plan
- Coach the Team
- Immerse the Team in Status
- Communicate Status
- Prepare for the Review
- Obtain Customer Acceptance of the Product Increment
- Hold a Retrospective
- Update the Product Backlog
- Rework the High-Level (Coarse-Grain) Plan
- Plan & Execute the Next Iteration
- Exercise 1: How Does Agility Differ From the Methods We Use?
- Exercise 2: Initiate an Agile Project
- Exercise 3: Plan an Iteration (Sprint)
- Exercise 4: Coach the Agile team
- Exercise 5: Hold an Iteration (Sprint) Review
- Exercise 6: Adapt to Changes
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Some project management experience is required. Experience managing software development or maintenance projects would be beneficial.
- 28 PMI PDUs - 2.8 CEUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST
Canada M4W 1A8
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 17 times.