This 6-day comprehensive program will help you achieve your PMP certification in just under 2 months by empowering you to pass the PMP exam with high marks, the first time! The workshop will also equip you with valuable skills which will assist in your..
- Course Outline
This Unique course is designed for the professionals who intend to register for the NEW PMP EXAM (PMBOK Fourth Edition) - i.e. Exams taken after June 30, 2009.
PMP is the Project Managers’ most globally recognized and respected certification credential. The certification attests to your professional commitment and project management expertise, providing worldwide recognition of your superior abilities. In addition, the PMP designation provides greater career potential.
This 6-day comprehensive program will help you achieve your PMP certification in just under 2 months by empowering you to pass the PMP exam with high marks, the first time! The workshop will also equip you with valuable skills which will assist in your recognition as a successful project manager. Lots of practice and exam simulation questions will be included as well as all the tricks that you need to acquire before attending the exam. We have already launched our NEW edition of the PMP exam preparation courses successfully in Edmonton and now this unique course is available to you. Why waste your time, register now and benefit from our unique course, discounts, and prestigious treatment of our customers.
Objective The objective of this program, which consists of 6 days, is to prepare participants to write and pass the NEW PMP exam. In addition to mastering the required new exam skills, participants will develop advanced-level management skills. The workshop focuses on the new PMI terminology and processes that will make it easy for participants to understand and appreciate the new terminology use by PMI. Also, the differences between the OLD THIRD EDITION PMBOK and the NEW FOURTH EDITION will be highlighted in order to emphasize on the new skills the participants need to acquire for the NEW PMP Exam. Lots of new simulated exam questions and answers will constitute the core attention of the course. Additional handouts will be distributed as well as new simulated exam questions, answers, and reasoning behind the answers to ensure full understanding of the course material. Target Audience Engineers, project managers, construction managers, general contractors, trade contractors, construction superintendents, construction inspectors, officials of government agencies and other individuals who are interested in learning the PMI approach in managing projects.
This program is designed to prepare new and intermediate project managers and project team members to pass the PMI’s PMP Certification Examination with high marks.
It also perfectly fits the needs of individuals who are interested in learning more about PMI’s approach to project management. Special Features:
The program is designed and delivered by a PMP professional instructor who has more than 10 years of hands on complex projects for the use and benefit of project managers. As such, the instructor incorporates actual on-the-job experiences into his teachings which enhance and facilitate the exam writing process. The casual links established between project management and real world experiences make the training much more enjoyable and more practical. By the end of the 6-day program, participants will have answered and discussed in detail, both individually and collectively several hundreds of PMP exam questions. A full 2 hour session is devoted to cover issues that will assist the participants in preparing for and writing the exam. The session covers the following issues:
- How to study and prepare for the exam
- How to answer multiple choice questions
- How to reduce study time to a minimum
- How to handle difficult and challenging questions
- The differences between the old and the new editions of the PMBOK
Here are the top ten reasons for investing the effort and the money to become a certified Project manager Professional (PMP).
- Increase your potential for higher salaries:
Surveys indicate that PMP certified individuals get better jobs with more responsibilities and higher salaries.
- Better marketability and optimize your opportunities:
PMP designation improves your career opportunities and enhances your chances for promotion; simply because PMP helps you stand out from the rest.
- Attain global recognition:
PMP designation grants you a professional credential that is recognized and well-respected worldwide. This credential is awarded by a credible third party: PMI.
- Validate your competency:
The PMP designation serves as an endorsement of your capabilities, knowledge, skills, ability, and experience.
- Demonstrate your commitment to the profession:
PMP certification demonstrates your individual commitment to the Project Management profession and the Project Management Community at large. It also tells your peers, your employer and the client about your professional growth.
- Earn prestige and honor:
Usually PMP certified individuals receive greater recognition from peers and supervisors for taking the initiative to pursue their careers.
- Be recognized as the best in your field:
Becoming a PMP builds an individual’s self-esteem, as a result of achieving a sense of personal satisfaction.
- Exercise your expertise:
Once you are certified, expect to assume more on-the-job responsibilities. It undeniably puts you ahead of the rest.
- Expand your knowledge base:
PMP designation encourages you to continue your education and enhance your professional improvement.
- Achieve your profession’s “gold standard”:
Supporting the PMP designation system enhances the image of the profession and it, in turn, reflects on you.
- The program is divided into 3 modules, this is done purposely in order to ease the participants into the topics and to familiarize them with the effective utilization of project management skills.
- The program provides a detailed review for the participants who need to pass the exam. The material covers the 9 knowledge areas, the 5 processes, a review of all math formulas and actual tips on writing the exam.
- The workshops focus on PMI terminology and processes (American), comparing them with Canadian industry terminology. Although the course is intended to help participants write and pass the exam, participants will get a large dose of practical experience as well as some principles and theories to help them in their day-to-day work.
- The learning environment is highly interactive; the participants are grouped in round table seating which encourages group discussions. Participants are encouraged to challenge each other in a friendly and constructive manner.
- The program uses a unique approach which follows the natural delivery of projects i.e. initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and close. Based on participant feedback, this is the preferred approach to teaching PMI material.
- Introduction to PMI
- How to apply for certification
- Project context
- 5 project management processes
- How to answer multiple choice questions
- Introduction to Knowledge areas and Professional Ethics
- Project initiation and introduction to planning
- Project planning processes
- Project planning processes (Continued)
- Project execution processes
- Project monitoring & control process and closing process
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Each participant will receive a complete set of course notes and handouts that will serve as informative references.
- Cancellation Policy
If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must advise us, in writing, including the official receipt. Our policies regarding refund are:
More than fifteen business days in advance: a full refund minus $50.00 administration charge.
Fifteen or less business days in advance: a transfer to another course or a credit, valid for one year, to another GIC course can be considered. Credits are transferable within your organization.
If the course has been running for more than 2 weeks, or after the course has started, an 80% credit towards another GIC course may be considered, if notice is received before the start date of the second session. After this time, no refunds or credits will be issued. If a speaker is not available due to unforeseen circumstances, another speaker of equal ability will be substituted.
GIC reserves the right to cancel or change the date or location of its events. GIC's responsibility will, under no circumstances, exceed the amount of the fee collected. GIC is not responsible for the purchase of non-refundable travel arrangements or accommodations or the cancellation/change fees associated with cancelling them. Please call to confirm that the course is running before confirming travel arrangements and accommodations.
Refund Policy: Allow up to 30 days for refunds to be processed.
- Map & Reviews
Global Innovative Campus
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 443 times.