In this one-day workshop, participants will learn how to make the most of their time by getting a grip on their office space, organizing their workflow, learning how to use their planner effectively, and delegating some of their work to other people.
- Course Outline
Time is money, the saying goes, and lots of it gets lost in disorganization and disruption. In this one-day workshop, participants will learn how to make the most of their time by getting a grip on their office space, organizing their workflow, learning how to use their planner effectively, and delegating some of their work to other people.
Specific learning objectives include:
• Better organize yourself and your workspace for peak efficiency.
• Understand the importance of, and the most useful techniques for, setting and achieving goals.
• Identify the right things to be doing and develop plans for doing them.
• Learn what to delegate and how to delegate well.
• Take control of things that can derail workplace productivity.
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
The Power of Change
To begin, participants will use their pre-assignment to identify areas where they want to change their time management approach.
Next, participants will discuss the left brain and right brain approaches to time management.
During this session, participants will learn how to set SMART goals to help them manage their time better.
This session will explore different planning tools and their uses.
Setting a Ritual
To wrap up the morning, participants will discuss how setting a ritual can help them manage their time.
The Four D’s
Next, participants will learn how to Do, Dump, Delay, or Delegate any task. They will also learn to take the STING out of feeling overwhelmed.
Organizing Your Workspace
This session will give participants a plan to organize their work area.
Organizing Your Files
During this session, participants will explore ways to manage paper and electronic files, including e-mail.
Managing Your Workload
To wrap up the day, participants will help Mary Marvelous manage her workload. Then, they will complete a 168-hour plan.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2580 times.