Understand the importance of professional presence on the job; learn how to self-manage to become more effective & efficient; Improve their communications skills, including listening, questioning, & being more assertive; Increase their effectiveness...
- Course Outline
We all want some measure of success in life. However, our work should not be a burden to us, and our offices shouldn’t be battlefields. We are human beings working with other human beings, so this workshop is about working to the best of your abilities, and encouraging the best in those who work with you or for you.
This workshop will help participants:
• Understand the importance of professional presence on the job.
• Learn how to self-manage to become more effective and efficient.
• Improve their communications skills, including listening, questioning, and being more assertive.
• Increase their effectiveness in recognizing and managing conflict, and dealing with difficult people.
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Personal Best, Professional Best
To begin, participants will discuss what affects a first impression and how they can improve
the impression they give to others.
Putting Others at Ease
One part of making a good impression is to get so comfortable with who you are that you can forget about you and concentrate on the other person. During this session, participants will explore ways to do this.
Participants will explore types of distorted thinking through a case study and large group discussion.
The Steps to Feeling Good
This session will give participants a three-step process to turn negative thinking or emotions around.
Assertiveness is a word we tend to use without really understanding what it means. This session will get participants thinking about what assertiveness is, using a lecturette, quiz, and group discussion.
Improving Your Assertiveness
Next, participants will explore how they can become more assertive in difficult situations.
Participants will discuss different forms of communication and barriers to each.
Asking and Listening During this session, participants will learn about two key elements to verbal communication: asking questions and listening.
Next, participants will explore various types of non-verbal communication and their possible interpretations.
This session will look at how to improve written communications, including using the four C’s, editing, and proofreading.
Two main components of getting ahead in the workplace are identifying what you want and helping others to get what they want. This session will look at both of those concepts.
This session will give participants some tools to help them improve themselves, including stablishing rituals, time management, organization, and planning.
Next, participants will set some goals using the SMART format.
Working as a Team
Administrative assistants are often a key part of a workplace team. This session will explore some of the benefits and challenges of working as a team.
Working with Difficult People
This session will give participants two tools to deal with difficult people: blending and redirecting.
Learning to Say No
Next, participants will learn about some formulas for saying no. They will then have an opportunity to practice these formulas in a role play and case study.
De-Stress Options You Can Use Right Now
To conclude the workshop, participants will learn some easy relaxation techniques.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and discuss key points learned.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1003 times.