This course focuses on the core steps needed to set-up any basic project in Microsoft Project. Students learn the basics of traditional project management & how they're implemented in Project & then create an entire small project from beginning to end
- Course Outline
This course focuses on the core steps needed to set-up any basic project in Microsoft Project. Students learn the basics of traditional project management and how they're implemented in Project, and then create an entire small project from beginning to end. By the end of the course you will know how to plan out a project, print out or otherwise distribute schedules, Gantt charts, calendars, and reports to everyone involved, and track the impact of delays and other changes that happen once the project is underway.
This course is classroom style instruction: Instructor-led, hands-on training.
Detailed List of Topics
Overview of Project Management
What is Project Management?
Project Management Process
What is Project?
The Project Screen
Creating a Project
Saving, Opening and Closing a Project
Managing Tasks and Resources
Adding and Deleting Tasks
Setting Task Type and Date Constraints
Creating Recurring Tasks
Creating a Resource List
Assigning Resources to Tasks
Adjusting Resources, Duration and Work Effort
Creating a Base Calendar
Using Resource Calendars
Defining Non-work days
Task Linkages and Dependency Link Types
Costs and Printing
Pre-use and Fixed Costs
Page Setup Options
Printing Standard Reports
Modifying a Report
Formatting Project Plans
Creating a Custom Table
Creating Calculation Fields
Tracking Project Plans
Reviewing a Plan
Determining the Critical Path
Setting the Baseline
Updating Tasks with Actual Results
Rescheduling Uncompleted Tasks
Comparing Actuals to Baseline
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Knowledge of Windows Introduction topics, ability to use keyboard and mouse, and familiarity with Project Management concepts is required.
Participants receive with this course: * courseware (notes on all topics covered, along with exercises used during course). * a certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3641 times.