This course takes you through PowerPoint in a new way, moving away from the technical stuff to the design decisions that are needed to make something really professional. We'll walk you through all the 'gotchas' of moving a presentation from your compute
- Course Outline
PowerPoint is a powerful tool for making presentations, but do you really know when and why you should be using any of them? How do you design a good presentation anyway? This course takes you through PowerPoint in a new way, moving away from the technical stuff to the design decisions that are needed to make something really professional. You'll also learn how to keep it professional: we'll walk you through all the 'gotchas' of moving a presentation from your computer to any other, no matter where you need to give your talk.
Detailed List of Topics
Part One - Slide Shows
Animations & Transitions
- Quick Review of Transitions
- Animating Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Animating Charts
- Animating ClipArt & Drawings
- Motion Paths
- Animating Diagrams
- Modifying Animation Effects
- Other Animation Choices
- Rehearse Timings
- Motion Paths
- Using Animations with Master Pages
Review of Adding Sounds & Movies
- Incorporating into Animation Sequence
- Using Action Buttons
- Creating Your Own
- Basic Setup
- Shows Presented vs. Run at Trade Show
- Summary Slides
- Custom Shows
- Broadcast Slide Show (2010/2013)
- Creating Links
- Slide Show Keystrokes
- Saving a Presentation as a Show
- Saving a Presentation as a Video (2010/2013)
- Recording Macros
- Adding an Icon to Run a Macro
Part Two - Effective Presentations
Design & Planning
- Initial Design
- Workflow of presentation
- Presentation Format - Order & Timings
- Adding Content
- Managing Content
- Organizing Information
Multimedia - The Safe way
- Effective use of sound
- Effective use of pictures/clip art
- Effective use of Video Clips
- Interaction between Audience & Multimedia
Colors! Colors! Colors!
- The Color Palette
- The Pinks & Greens! - Choosing the "right" Colors
- Computer Colors vs. Projector Colors
World of Fonts - Which one?
- Formatting Text
- Selecting Fonts
- Determining Effective Font Size
- Font Styles and Gradients
- Word Art
- Creating Handouts
- Use of Fonts/Colors
- Audience Interaction
- Feedback Forms
Rehearsing & Packaging
- Openers and Closers
- Questions and Answers
- Pack and Go
- Package for CD
- Converting to Web
- Creating a Video (2010)
Technology - Be Prepared
- How to use LCD Projectors
- Backups Plans
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Solid understanding of PowerPoint Intermediate topics.
Participants receive with this course: * courseware (notes on all topics covered, along with exercises used during course). * a certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2823 times.