This workshop will give participants confidence when negotiating with both internal & external clients. It also includes techniques to promote effective communications & to turn face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
- Date: Jun. 27
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 Days
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Negotiation & Mediation Skills Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
People who can master the art of negotiation find they can save time, save money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in the workplace.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life at any level. This two-day workshop will give participants confidence when negotiating with both internal and external clients. This interactive workshop also includes techniques to promote effective communications and to turn face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
This workshop will help you teach participants:
• The benefits of good negotiation skills.
• The importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
• Various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
• Strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
• How to develop alternatives and recognize options.
• Basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
What is Negotiation?
To begin, participants will explore the different types of negotiation (including positional bargaining) and the phases of negotiation.
The Successful Negotiator
Next, participants will explore key attributes of a successful negotiator.
Preparing for Negotiation
During this session, participants will learn the elements of preparing for negotiation:identifying your fears and hot buttons; doing research into your issues and the opponent’s issues; and preparing
your WAP, BATNA, WATNA, and ZOPA.
The Nuts and Bolts
This session will give participants some tips on preparing their documentation and choosing a place for the negotiation.
Making the Right Impression
Next, participants will learn the importance of self-presentation during the negotiation, including small talk, attire, first impressions, and their handshake.
Getting off to a Good Start
During this session, participants will explore how to establish common ground and how to use ground rules.
This session will look at how to exchange information, and what to do if the negotiation gets off to a bad start.
The Bargaining Stage
Participants will learn six techniques for negotiating success and they will have an opportunity to practice and observe these techniques through a role play.
Inventing Options for Mutual Gain
Next, participants will learn about the four obstacles to mutual gain, and how to turn them into negotiation advantages.
Getting Past No and Getting to Yes
This session will look at ways to get past no and how to break an impasse, so that you can get to “yes.”
Dealing with Negative Emotions
During this session, participants will explore some ways to deal with negative reactions during a negotiation.
Moving from Bargaining to Closing
Next, participants will learn how to tell when it’s time to move from the bargaining phase to the negotiation phase.
The Closing Stage
This session will discuss ways to build win-win solutions, achieve a sustainable agreement, and reach consensus.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
North York Training Centre
2 Lansing Square, Suite 505
(Victoria Park Ave. & Sheppard Ave. E.)
North York, Ontario
Canada M2J 4P8
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer.
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 19 times.