This course will focus on 2 main Excel tasks that are best handled by macros. First you'll look at the creation of custom dialog boxes & functions so that you can code sophisticated spreadsheets that are nevertheless still usable by basic Excel users.
- Course Outline
This course builds on Computer Help's Macros & VBA Level 1. In it you will focus on two main Excel tasks that are best handled by macros. First you'll look at the creation of custom dialog boxes and functions so that you can code sophisticated spreadsheets that are nevertheless still usable by basic Excel users. Second we'll learn how to interact with and manipulate data in a spreadsheet.
Detailed List of Topics
Public Vs Private Declarations
Extending the Scope of a Variable
Forcing Variable Declaration
Introduction To Array Concept
Array Functions In Excel
Ranges And Arrays
Sorting An Array
Using Arrays In VBA to Sort Sheets Alphabetically
Using Case Instead of IF
Select Case Constructs
Nesting Case Statements
Why Create Functions
Create And Edit Functions
Arguments In Functions
Adding To Paste Function Dialog Box
Sequence of Events
Workbook Events (Activate/Deactivate, BeforeClose, BeforePrint, BeforeSave, NewSheet, Open, SheetActivate)
Worksheet Events (BeforeRightClick, UserForm Events
Working With Ranges
Move And Copy Fixed Or Variable Ranges
Determining Next Empty Cell
Determining Types Of Ranges
Copying Ranges from Sheet to Sheet, File to File
Returning Information About A Range
Analyzing Cells In A Range
Removing Empty Rows
Removing Rows based on Content
Determining If A Range Is Contained In Another Range
Procedure To Sort
Creating and Designing Forms and Custom Dialog Boxes
VBA Forms vs. Excel Forms
Create a Custom Dialog Box form
Using Event Handling to Display Forms
User Form Templates
Multi - Page Forms
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Solid understanding of all Excel Macros & VBA Level I topics.
Participants receive with this course: * courseware (notes on all topics covered, along with exercises used during course). * a certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1918 times.