By the end of this course you'll be able to make pre-made forms & templates, build spreadsheets that can be accessed by several users simultaneously, & connect Excel to other sources of data such as Access databases and web pages.
- Course Outline
This course concentrates on using Excel is a group situation. As an advanced user, you're often the focus of several people, and need to develop spreadsheets that will be used by them as well as yourself. By the end of this course you'll be able to make pre-made forms and templates, build spreadsheets that can be accessed by several users simultaneously, and connect Excel to other sources of data such as Access databases and web pages.
Detailed List of Topics
Using an Existing File as a Template
Creating a Template
Using In a New File
Templates and Inserting Sheets
Auto templates for default Books or Sheets
Designing the Form
Tools-Combo Boxes, List Boxes, etc.
Protecting the Form
Sharing Workbooks and Tracking Changes
Sharing workbooks on a network
Multiple users in the same file
Controlling which changes are saved
Consolidate Multiple Worksheets into One
Consolidate by Position
Consolidate by Category
Consolidate from Other Workbooks
From Another Spreadsheet
Get External Data
Importing from Access
Importing Text Files
Importing from Web
Working with Connections
Open External Files
Changing Default Options
Custom Numeric Formats
Custom Date & Time Formats
Codes That React To Different Number Types
Creating and Saving the Scenario
Other Scenario Options-Edit, Merge, Summary, etc.
Substitute Consecutive Values in a Formula
Specifying Variable Cells
A Brief Introduction to Macros
What is a Macro?
Recording a Macro
Playing a Macro
Rerecording a Macro
- Prerequisites & Certificates
An Intermediate level knowledge of Excel is required before taking this course. This includes the Excel Introduction course, or equivalent knowledge, plus Intermediate Level 1 or Level 2 or Formulas and/or Functions. It is not necessary to take Advanced Level 1 before taking this course; however, you must have a solid understanding of Excel before attempting it.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3827 times.