The NAC Appliance (Cisco Clean Access) is a "shrink-wrapped" network admission control solution that recognizes users, their devices & roles, evaluates the security posture of the endpoint & scans for vulnerabilities, and enforces policy in the network.
- Course Outline
The NAC Appliance (Cisco Clean Access) is a “shrink-wrapped” network admission control solution that recognizes users, their devices and roles, evaluates the security posture of the endpoint and scans for vulnerabilities, and enforces policy in the network. In particular, prior to allowing users onto the network, the NAC Appliance solution allows administrators to authenticate, authorize, interrogate, and remediate users and their machines, enforcing policy based access control on the network. We recommend CCNA Security, CCSP, BSMCN, SNRS, and BSCI as prerequisites to this course. Students should also be familiar with the Microsoft Windows operating system, networking and security terminology and concepts, and implementation of network security.
Audience Technicians requiring CCSP Certification or NAC Specialist Certification.
Technicians using or designing networks with Cisco NAC products
Skills taught Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Given client network security requirements, explain how a NAC Appliance deployment scenario will meet or exceed those expectations
- Configure the common elements of a NAC Appliance solution
- Configure Active Directory Single Sign-On (AD SSO)
- Configure VPN Single Sign-On using an ASA/PIX
- Configure the NAC Appliance in-band and out-of-band implementation options
- Implement the NAM and NAS High Availability to protect against downtime
- Configure Network Scanning to audit clients and clientless hosts
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot a NAC solution
- Cisco NAC Endpoint Security Solutions
- Cisco NAC Appliance Common Elements Configuration
- Cisco NAC Appliance Implementation
- Cisco NAC Appliance Implementation Options
- Cisco NAC Appliance Monitoring and Administration
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Suggested: - CCNA Security (IINS) - Certification as a CCSP or the equivalent knowledge - Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system - Familiarity with networking and security terminology and concepts - Fundamental knowledge of implementing network security or CCSP or Cisco - Security Cisco Qualified Specialist - BCMSN or working knowledge of VLANs - SNRS or working knowledge of digital certificates - BCSI or working knowledge of HSRP
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2590 times.