This 1-day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate and who to delegate to. We will also go through the delegation process step by step to see where the pitfalls lie and what we can do about getting around them.
- Course Outline
Effective delegation is one of the most valuable skills you can master. It reduces your workload and develops employee skills. Delegating prepares employees who work for you to be able to handle your responsibilities and simultaneously allows you to advance to other career opportunities within your organization. This one-day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate and who to delegate to. We will also go through the delegation process step by step to see where the pitfalls lie and what we can do about getting around them.
This course will teach participants how to:
- Clearly identify how delegation fits into their job and how it can make them more successful.
- Identify different ways of delegating tasks.
- Use an eight-step process for effective delegation.
- Give better instructions for better delegation results.
- Ask better questions and listen more effectively.
- Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Test their delegation skills.
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
To begin, participants will explore the advantages and disadvantages of delegation in small groups.
What is Delegation?
Next, participants will learn about the four basic steps to delegation and the different degrees of delegation.
As a pre-assignment, participants were asked to complete a case study. During this session, you will discuss the answers.
Picking the Right Person
This session will give participants four tools to help them determine who to choose for what task.
The Delegation Meeting
Next, we will explore an eight-step process that participants can follow to ensure they cover all the bases when delegating.
Levels of Authority
This session will look at the four levels of authority you can give when delegating.
Participants will learn how to give better instructions, and then they will practice giving and receiving instructions through a group activity.
One way to help employees accept your delegation is through effective communications. This session will look at three components of communication skills: listening, asking questions, and probing.
Next, participants will explore five ways of monitoring delegation.
During this session, participants will work in small groups to complete a five part case study to give them hands-on practice with the skills learned so far today.
This session will give participants some tips on giving feedback. Then, participants will work on several different case studies to apply these tips.
Becoming a Good Delegator
To wrap up the day, we will look at the characteristics of a good delegator and some ways to evaluate your skills.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 858 times.