You will learn to demonstrate the behaviors of an effective coach, develop coaching skills that improve individual performance and recognize employees' strengths while giving them the feedback they need to succeed.
- Course Outline
Coach, Role Model, Counselor, Supporter, Guide...do these words ring a bell? Being a coach involves being a role model, sometimes a counselor or supporter, and always a guide. Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees.You will Learn:
- Use coaching to develop their team
- Develop the coaching skills that help improve individual performance
- Demonstrate the behaviors and practices of an effective coach
- Recognize employees' strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
- Identify employee problems and ways you can help to correct them
Introduction and Course Overview: You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Defining Coaching: The first part of the morning will be spent exploring what coaching means (in general and to participants), reviewing coaching skills, and evaluating the pre-assignment.
Interpersonal Communication Skills: Communicating well is a key aspect of successful coaching. During this session, participants will explore different communication skills and create an action plan.
Self-Disclosure: Joe Luft and Harry Ingraham developed the Johari windows concept, a way of looking at our self-awareness and our ability to ask feedback of others. This session will look at the window and examine how we can use it when coaching.
Critical Coaching Skills: Participants will examine important coaching skills in small groups, including helping, mentoring, teaching, and challenging skills.
More on Communication: This lecturette will examine two powerful, simple coaching tools: asking questions and listening.
Learning Styles and Principles: We learn in three different ways: by seeing, by hearing, and by doing. In a large group discussion, participants will identify ways to incorporate these methods into coaching.
Benefits/Consequences: During this session, we will examine a tool that coaches can use to help gain buy-in for change from employees.
Skills Involved in Coaching: Participants will work in small groups to complete a mix-and-match exercise that will familiarize them with key coaching skills.
The Coaching Model: This session will explore a four-step coaching model that can be applied to any situation.
Feedback: Feedback is an essential component of coaching. You will discuss types of feedback and offer some tips in lecture format during this session.
Coaching Problems: To wrap up the day, participants will examine case studies and offer solutions.
Workshop Wrap-Up: At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1623 times.