Learn how to: Recognize how anger affects your body, your mind, & your behavior; Use the 5-step method to break old patterns & replace them with a model for assertive anger; Control their emotions when faced with other peoples' anger and more.
- Course Outline
Anger is a universal experience. Dogs get angry, bees get angry, and so do humans. You don’t have to be a psychologist to know that managing anger productively is something few individuals, organizations, and societies do well. Yet research tells us that those who do manage their anger at work are much more successful than those who don’t.
The co-worker who can productively confront his teammate about his negative attitude increases his team’s chance of success as well as minimizes destructive conflicts. The customer service agent who can defuse the angry customer not only keeps her customers loyal but makes her own day less troublesome.
This workshop will help give you that edge by teaching you how to:
• Recognize how anger affects your body, your mind, and your behavior
• Use the five-step method to break old patterns and replace them with a model for assertive anger
• Control their emotions when faced with other peoples’ anger
• Identify ways to help other people safely manage some of their repressed or expressed anger.
Introduction and Course Overview
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal
What is Anger?
What exactly is anger? How does it affect us, our family, and our friends? What are the five dimensions of anger? We will discuss these questions with participants.
Managing Your Anger
Whether we realize it or not, people often rationalize our anger by identifying the benefits.
During this session, we will look at those “benefits” and identify the myths behind them.
The Anger Process
There are two events which lead to anger, and there are specific coping strategies that we can use to mitigate the impact of those events. We will identify those events and strategies through personal anger logs and a case study.
How Does Anger Affect Thinking?
There are four specific ways in which anger can affect your thinking: magnifying, destructive labeling, imperative thinking, and making assumptions about what other people are thinking.
When a person begins to get angry, there are some specific verbal, physical, and mental strategies they can use to cope. During this session, you will discuss these strategies and customize them.
Often people who are most angry are people who haven’t developed their communication skills to the level they would like, and as a result they feel frustrated and misunderstood. During this session, we will discuss the four-step message, listening skills, questioning skills, and three keys participants can use to unlock the best in people.
During this session, participants will work in small groups to discuss passive, manipulative, assertive, and aggressive behaviors.
To wrap up the day, we will look at some ways to help participants take control of themselves and a situation to prevent becoming angry.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1417 times.