This course looks at the InDesign environment, basic documents, master pages, importing & threading text, colours, swatches & gradients, formatting type, graphics & layout, transparency, using tables, preparing for handoff to a service provider & more.
- Course Outline
Adobe InDesign is a page layout
program used in creating graphically-oriented documents such as
brochures, flyers, and books. As part of the Adobe Creative Suite, it is
a companion to PhotoShop and Illustrator. If you’re looking to create
documents that are more complex than can be handled by a typical word
processor like Microsoft Word, InDesign is the program for you.
Detailed List of Topics
Starting InDesign & the InDesign Window
The Tools Panel
Getting to Know InDesign
Customizing the Workspace
Using the Navigation Controls
Creating a Document
New Document Dialog Box, Document Preset
The Place Dialog Box
Text Import Options
Placing Multiple Files
Create a Text Frame
Adding Graphical Objects
Image Import Options
Text Wrap Options
The Info Panel
The Links Panel
Add Bulleted or Numbered Lists
Applying Colours, Swatches and Gradients
Working with Fills and Strokes
Create and Apply Styles
Paragraph Styles, Character &Paragraph Groups
Working with Page Elements
Aligning Objects, Measurement Units
Align Using Guides & Using the Align Panel
Live Corner Effects, Transform Tools
Transform Objects Using Control Panel
Using the Gap Tool
Create a Grid of Objects
Thread Text Frames
About Text Overset
Navigating Linked Frames
Resize Text Frames
Another Way to Flow the Text
Search and Replace
Text Editing & Spell Checking
Working with Tables
Create a Table
About Table Options
Modifying a Table, the Table Panel
Select Table Elements, Table Panel Options
Cell Styles and Table Styles
Check for Errors – Preflight
Exporting to PDF
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Knowledge of Windows Introduction topics and ability to use keyboard and mouse.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1255 times.