Microsoft Access is a very powerful tool for storing & analyzing lists of information, but that power comes at the cost of being trickier to learn than the other parts of MS Office. This course will get you over that hurdle. You'll begin learning how you
- Course Outline
Microsoft Access is a very powerful tool for storing and
analyzing lists of information, but that power comes at the cost of being
trickier to learn than the other parts of MS Office. This course will get you
over that hurdle. You'll begin learning how your company database works by
creating a simple one of your own. Then students will be taught how to pull
information from databases, create forms for displaying old data on the screen
as well as adding new data, and produce professional-looking printed reports.
This course is classroom style instruction: Instructor-led, hands-on training.
What is a Database?
Database Objects in Access
Creating / Opening Databases
Tables (Design View)
Creating a Table
Field Data Types
Change Field Name
Change Field Data Type
Working with Attachments
Calculated Fields (2010/2013)
Format & Decimal Places
Allow Zero Length
Tables (Datasheet View)
Zoom and Line Breaks
Column Widths/Row Height
Cut, Copy & Paste
Filter by Selection
Text Filters, Number Filters, Data Filters
Filter by Form
Save Filter as QueryQueries
Adding Fields to Grid
Running a Query
Sorting and Hiding
Saving a Query
Using the Form WizardDesign & Form Views
Edit Text Labels
The Form Header/Footer
Entering Data in the Form
Using the Report Wizard
Different Views of Reports
Previewing and Printing
Making a Copy
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Knowledge of Windows Introduction topics and ability to use keyboard and mouse. Use of one or more other programs, such as Excel or Word is recommended.
Participants receive with this course: * courseware (notes on all topics covered, along with exercises used during course). * a certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2806 times.