This three-day course takes an in-depth look at three topics: relating tables, creating forms and creating reports. We look at relating tables, then how to create queries, forms and reports that are based on related tables.
- Course Outline
Almost all databases use multiple relational tables, and this course teaches you why and how to work with them.
Building on the base of the Introduction course, you will create your own small relational database. Once that(TM)s done you(TM)ll move on to making reports based on it, in particular learning how to join together information from multiple tables into single sources of data, including data that is outside the database in Excel. You(TM)ll also learn how on-screen forms and print-outs are affected by having two or more tables in play at the same time, as well as sophisticated form tools like drop-down boxes.
This course is classroom style instruction: Instructor-led, hands-on training.
Creating a Form
Using the Wizard
Creating a Form from Scratch
Add Fields & Formulas
Add a Picture/Drawing
What are Controls?
Move and Size Controls
Align Controls and the Different Views
Using the Colour Icons
Spacing Between Objects
Cut, Copy, Paste
Bring to Front/Send to Back
Forms Based on Multiple Tables
Validation Rule, Validation Text
Format, Decimal Places
Custom Date Formats
Status Bar Text & Control Tip
Enabled & Locked
Type 1 - You Type a List of Choices
Type 2 - Display Data from a Table
Type 3 - Display from Master Table, Store
in Related Table (Linked)
Working with Bands/Form
Change the Background Colour
Creating with the Wizard
Add to Main Form
About Child Fields and Master Fields
Edit a Subform from within the Main Form
Why Relate Tables?
How to Relate Tables
Testing the Relationship
Edit and Delete Relationships
Primary Keys and Unique Indexing
See Related Data in a Table
All Applicable Forms Topics, plus:
Wizards, Creating a Blank Report
Print Preview vs. Layout Preview
Report Bands & Band Properties
Sorting and Grouping
Calculations in a Report
Import, Export, & Link
Importing and Linking Tables
Exporting Tables or Queries
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Solid understanding of all Access Introduction topics is required.
Participants receive with this course: * courseware (notes on all topics covered, along with exercises used during course). * a certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1338 times.