- Environmental Engineering Training
- Site Assessment According to Alberta Tier I and II Soil and Groundwater Guidelines
This course will provide the participants with the scientific basis of human health & ecological risk assessments used by Alberta Environment & the detailed application of the Tier I & Tier II Criteria to optimize decision making based on scientifically
- Course Outline
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:Description
• select and evaluate appropriate site investigation and remediation methodologies for contaminated soil and groundwater
• define key data requirements and design criteria for remediation technologies
• develop the phased approach to site assessment and remediation with the appropriate analytical data
• enhance project performance by applying the concepts, methodologies and technologies learnt at the seminar and reinforced by case studies
• employ greater productivity and scientific credibility by using practical and proven methods.
Alberta Environment has implemented a new framework and guidelines for assessing contaminated sites. The Guidelines are based on the now universally accepted risk assessment approach. This course will provide the participants with the scientific basis of human health and ecological risk assessments used by Alberta Environment and the detailed application of the Tier I and Tier II Criteria to optimize decision making based on scientifically defensible data.Objective
To provide participants with in-depth knowledge of Alberta Environment Tier I and Tier II Site Assessment and Compliance.Who Should Attend
Environmental engineers, scientists, consultants, industrial staff including technicians and technologists involved in applying Tier I and Tier II and assessing site specific risk, and regulators reviewing and accepting risk standards being applied to the contaminated land according to Alberta Environment Guidelines will benefit from this course.
Faculty: Dr. Nasrat Hijazi, President TDA AssociatesProgram Outline Day I
Welcome, Introduction, Workshop Preview, Learning Outcomes and the Assessment Method
Scientifically Based Site Investigation MethodologiesDay II
• CSA Phase I and II ESA Standards
• Developing a conceptual site model (CSM) as a basis of a sampling plan
• Data quality objectives
• Sampling plans based on data use and project objectives
• Soil investigation methodologies
• Groundwater investigation methodologies & hydro-geological calculations Quality assurance/quality control plans
Alberta’s Tiered Approach And Site Remediation
• Tier I and Tier II Criteria and Risk Assessment Approach
• Overview of Environmental Toxicology
• Risk Assessment Approach to Criteria Development
• Tier I and Tier II Applications and Exceptions
• Site Specific Risk based criteria development (Tier III Criteria)
• Remediation Methods for Petroleum & Salt Contamination
• Soil vapour extraction
• Pump and treat (Hydraulic containment)
• Salt Remediation Approach and Challenges
Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
There will be a one-hour lunch break each day in addition to a refreshment and networking break during each morning and afternoon session.
8:00 Registration and Coffee (1st Day only)
8:30 Session begins
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.4 CEUs / 14 PDHs
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 941 times.