A professional in any field who is in a management role can benefit from this workshop. Participants will develop knowledge & skills that will significantly increase their personal effectiveness & ability to successfully interact & lead others.
- Course Outline
After participating in this course you will be able to do the following:
• listen actively
• guide your employees through change
• set professional goals to manage time
• resolve conflict using the three-step model
• conduct performance appraisal interviews with your employees
• develop an action plan to build a high-performance team
Professionals in management roles in any field will benefit from developing skills that will increase their ability to successfully interact with others. This course combines important business, interpersonal, and leadership topics to create more capable leaders and more valuable employees.
The course material is based on 20+ years of research into skill sets with the greatest impact on the performance of leaders.
This workshop uses simulations, case studies, behavior modeling, and group discussion to emphasize the application of management tools in the workplace. This workshop is set apart from other training programs because it brings material to life by engaging participants, it is competency-based, it emphasizes application over theory, and the participant workbooks are the best on the market today. Each module concludes with application assignments to ensure that skills are not forgotten but utilized between sessions, and participants are encouraged to create personal development plans and share them with management.
To give managers advanced competencies in six critical areas: communication strategies, change management, time management, conflict resolution, performance reviews, and teamwork.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to be more comfortable and effective in a management role, or anyone who has recently moved from a technical to a managerial position.
Instructor: Bryan SchaeferProgram Outline
Welcome, Introduction, Workshop Preview, Learning Outcomes and the Assessment Method
Communication Strategies: Improve relationships by practicing a powerful model of two-way communication to ensure that people establish mutual understanding before taking action. In this ½ day module, leaders will learn:
• How people’s perceptions and viewpoints differ
• The basics of face-to-face communication
• The difference between one-way and two-way communication
• To understand the skill of listening
• To improve active listening skills
Change Management: Leaders need to be aware of their attitudes toward abilities for leading others through organizational change. It takes both effort and practice to develop effective change leadership skills, but the payoff will be worth it. In this ½ day module, leaders will learn:Day II
• Leadership and change
• Helping others manage change
• Becoming a change leader
• Enhancing leading change skills
Time Management: Understand the difference between “urgent” and “important” and develop habits of self-management that allow you to be proactive and not reactive in the use of time. In this ½ day module, leaders will learn:
• How you currently use your time
• The barriers that keep you from managing your time more effectively
• The difference between the important and the urgent and how to schedule time for the important
• To set professional goals to guide your use of time
• A systematic approach to managing daily events
Conflict Resolution: Learn about healthy and unhealthy ways of dealing with interpersonal conflict. Assess you own “style” and practice a powerful skill for resolving conflicts in a way that everyone wins. In this ½ day module, leaders will learn:Day III
• A definition of unhealthy conflict and how to keep from crossing over into it
• Learn about five different conflict management styles
• Use a model to help you choose how to respond to potential conflict situations
• Assess which conflict styles you most often use
• Practice a Three-Step Model for resolving conflicts
• Decide how you want to modify your conflict style and how you will better handle your current conflicts
Conducting Effective Performance Reviews: Performance reviews are an essential component of employee development. Someone once said, “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. Supervisors must learn how to give feedback, both positive and negative, on a regular and timely basis so that employees can grow and develop. Performance appraisals involve all these activities. In this ½ day module, leaders will learn:
• The importance of performance appraisals
• Developing standards and goals
• Documenting performance
• Developing an interview format
• The appraisal as a two-way process
• Managing employee performance
Teamwork: Building Better Teams: Teams have become a principle building block of successful organizations. This module is for team leaders and team members, designed to focus on the characteristics of an effective team player and the elements of an effective team. In this ½ day module, leaders will learn:
• Your team player style
• The strengths and challenges of each style
• Establishing team norms
• Building team trust
• Working through the stages of team development
• Develop an action plan to apply back home with your teams
Questions and Answers - Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
There will be a one-hour lunch break each day in addition to refreshment and networking breaks during the morning and afternoon.
8:00 Registration and Coffee (Day I only)
8:30 Session Begins
Bryan Schaefer is founder and president of Custom Learning Solutions Inc. With over ten years of diverse experience in corporate learning, he has delivered classroom presentations to a wide variety of organizations and learners from front-line staff to senior executives.
In addition to being an experienced facilitator, Mr. Schaefer has worked as a leader in several companies, including five years at WestJet as manager of learning technologies for a team of corporate development specialists. He was responsible for implementing the e-Learning practice and building a team to support the continued growth of the programs.
Mr. Schaefer brings a unique and broad set of skills to the classroom and uses real-life examples from his past experience to illustrate concepts. He understands and practices adult learning principles and brings experiential learning to all the workshops he facilitates
- Prerequisites & Certificates
2.1 CEUs / 21 PDHs
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 499 times.