- Industrial Engineering Training
- How To Increase Maintenance Workforce Efficiency by Effective Planning and Scheduling
This course will present information on the efficient methods of planning & scheduling all types of maintenance work. Methods for estimating the resources will be presented & information on how to accommodate emergency maintenance work will be provided
- Course Outline
Maintenance work consists of:
- Preventive maintenance activities that tend to be repetitive.
- Corrective maintenance activities where the work is rarely repeated.
- Capital investments where new equipment is installed and/or a major overhaul is conducted.
- Emergency work where equipment must be repaired immediately.
This course will present information on the efficient methods of planning and scheduling all types of maintenance work. Methods for estimating the resources will be presented and information on how to accommodate emergency maintenance work will be provided.
- To provide understanding of the how to estimate manpower and resource requirements.
- To present a method for prioritizing maintenance activities.
- To show how to develop and manage efficient maintenance plans and schedules.
- To provide a strategy for managing emergency work.
Program Outline Each morning and afternoon session will contain a networking and refreshment break taken at convenient times.
Day I 8:00 Registration
8:20 Welcome and Introductions
8:30 Introduction to Planning and Scheduling
• Planning and scheduling
• Scheduling needs
• Planning and scheduling objectives
• Planning and scheduling department staff.
• Shift scheduling
Maintenance Planning - General
• Maintenance objectives
• Reliability centred maintenance
• Regulatory and safety requirements
• Emergency work
• Performance information the planner needs to know
1:00 General Maintenance Information
• Material degradation
• Non- Destructive Examination (NDE)
• Vibration monitoring
• Equipment condition instrumentation
Preventive Maintenance (PM) Planning and Scheduling
• PM programs
• PM program planning
• PM work – time estimates
• Developing a PM schedule
Day II 8:30 Corrective Maintenance (CM) Planning and Scheduling
• Definition of corrective maintenance.
• Source of CM work
• CM work – time estimates
• Planning CM work
• Scheduling CM work
• Discovery work
• Spare parts
Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
• Planning inputs
• Work orders
• Survey of users
• Minor adjustments and repairs
• Unexpected outage opportunities
Identifying Major Outages and Capital Investments
• Future business requirements
• Preliminary investigations
• Listing future projects
• Preliminary justifications
Planning Major Outages and Capital Investments
• Staff organization structure
• Pre-requisites and preparatory work and plant/equipment shutdowns
• Planning tools – gantt charts, critical path plans.
1:00 Planning Major Outages and Capital Investments (continued)
• ‘As found’ and ‘as left’ conditions
• Early/soonest recall of equipment
• Planning software
• Start-up and commissioning
Additional Functions of the Planning Department
Planning and Scheduling Inputs and Outputs
• Documentation the planner/scheduler needs
• Work packages
• Weekly planning and scheduling meetings
4:00 Open Forum
An opportunity to discuss general planning and scheduling issues and concerns
4:15 Concluding Remarks and Final Adjournment
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- gain an understanding of the benefits of effective maintenance planning.
- understand how to estimate resources required for maintenance work.
- learn how to develop an efficient maintenance plan.
- become conversant with the budgeting and financial aspects of a maintenance plan.
- appreciate the requirements for documentation and reporting.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.2 CEUs/ 12 PDHs
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 201 times.