This course reviews IPv6 & takes you to the next levels of designing & deploying IPv6 networks based on the current standards &practices. IPv6 is the new Internet Protocol specification &implementation that uses 128 bit addressing where IPv4 uses 32 bits
- Course Outline
This course reviews IPv6 and takes the student to the next levels of designing and deploying IPv6 networks based on the current standards and practices. IPv6 is the new Internet Protocol specification and implementation that uses 128 bit addressing where IPv4 uses 32 bits. This presents many new areas of expertise for network designers and administrators to learn and experience. The IP6FD course has in-depth coverage of IPv6 design and deployment for DNS, DHCP, integrating IPv6 in an IPv4 network, and Multicast.
Anyone who will be setting up or working with the IP Version 6 Protocol.
Channel Partners / Resellers, Customers, Employees.
Recite the factors that drive the creation of a new IP structure and its possible usages
Fundamentally explain the operation of IPv6
Demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of IPv6 advanced concepts and uses respectively
Identify all the updates to IPv4 routing protocols needed to support IPv6 topologies
Implement IPv6 services and applications
Evaluate a given scenario and desired outcome and identify the best transition mechanism for the situation
Identify and illustrate IPv6 security threats and design practices respectively
Describe the differences between Mobile IPv4 and Mobile IPv6
Discuss several IPv6 deployment concerns
Module 1: Introduction to IPv6
- Lesson 1: Explaining the rationale for IPv6
- Lesson 2: Evaluating IPv6 Features and Benefits
- Lesson 3: Describing the IPv6 Header Format
- Lesson 1: Understanding IPv6 Addressing Architecture
- Lesson 2: Enabling IPv6 on Cisco Routers
- Lesson 3: Defining and Configuring Neighbour Discovery
- Lesson 4: Examining Cisco IOS Software Commands
- Lesson 5: Describe ICMPv6 Message Types
- Lesson 6: Identifying IPv6 Data Link Layer Protocol
- Lesson 1: Describing DNS in an IPv6 Environment
- Lesson 2: Understanding DHCPv6 Operations
- Lesson 3: Understanding DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation
- Lesson 1: Routing with RIPng
- Lesson 2: Examining OSPFv3
- Lesson 3: Examining Integrated IS/IS
- Lesson 4: Examining EIGRP for IPv6
- Lesson 5: Understanding BGP (BGP4+)
- Lesson 6: Understanding Support for IPv6 in MPLS
- Lesson 1: Understanding QoS Support in an IPv6 Environment
- Lesson 2: Using Cisco IOS Software Features
- Lesson 3: Implementing Multicasting in an IPv6 Environment
- Lesson 1: Implementing Dual Stack
- Lesson 2: Describing IPv6 Tunneling Mechanisms
- Lesson 3: Describing NAT-PT
- Lesson 1: Configuring IPv6 ACLS
- Lesson 2: Using IPsec and IKE
- Lesson 3: Discussing Security Issues in an IPv6 Transition Environment
- Lesson 4: Understanding IPv6 Security Practices
- Lesson 1: Examining Mobile IPv4
- Lesson 2: Examining Mobile IPv6
- Lesson 3: Understanding Network Mobility
- Lesson 1: Examining IPv6 Address Allocation
- Lesson 2: Understanding the IPv6 Multihoming Issues
- Lesson 3: Identifying IPv6 Enterprise Deployment Strategies
- Lesson 4: Identifying IPv6 Service Provider Deployment Strategies
- Initial Setup and Review
- Using Neighbour Discovery
- Prefix Delegation
- Routing with RIP
- Routing with EIGRP
- BGP & MP-BGP
- Implementing Tunnels for IPv6
- Configuring NAT-PT
- Advanced ACL Configuration
- Implementing IPsec and IKE
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3769 times.