- Apple Final Cut Pro Studio and Server Training
- An Introduction to DVD Studio Pro (Compatible with 3 and 4) French
This course delves into the world of DVD authoring with DVD Studio Pro 4. Learn everything you need to create a professional DVD title. This course guides you through every aspect of DVD authoring, from initial storyboarding to burning & replication.
- Course Outline
This 3-day, hands-on course delves into the world of DVD authoring with DVD Studio Pro 4. In this comprehensive course, students will learn everything they need to create a professional DVD title. This course guides students through every aspect of DVD authoring, from initial storyboarding to burning and replication. Using compelling media and a real-world production workflow, students will learn how to create amazing MPEG 2 video with Compressor as well as create eye-popping motion menus directly in DVD Studio Pro 4. Students will also "author" a DVD by creating buttons, interactive links, slideshows, playlists and even adding alternate audio stream and camera angles.
Preparing Your First DVD Project
- DVD Creation Process, DVD Specification Basics, Exploring the Interface, Creating a Simple DVD in Basic View, Creating a Menu, Connecting Assets to the Menu, Simulating a Disc, and Building a Project and Burning a Disc
- Opening the Project, Exploring Window Configurations, and Adjusting the Project
- Storyboarding a DVD, Creating a Storyboard Using the Graphical Tab, Previewing the Finished Project with Apple's DVD Player, Identifying Source Video Settings, Setting DVD Studio Pro Preferences, Setting Up Disc Properties, Importing Audio and Video, and Setting Chapter Markers
- The Menu Creation Process, Importing Assets, Adding a Background Graphic, Using the Safe Title and Action Safe Features, Creating Buttons on a Still Menu, Making Connections from Buttons to Video, Adding Title and Text to the Menu, Adding Sound to the Menu, Creating an Intro Menu, Targeting Navigation on your DVD and Using a Drop Zone to Create a Motion Menu
- Customizing Default Chapter Index Menu, Setting Up the Chapter Index Navigation Buttons, Adding a Drop Zone Shape, and Automating the Chapter Index Menu Creation Process
- Using Slideshows, File Formats for Slideshows, Adding a Slideshow, Modifying Your Slideshow, Slideshow transitions and Converting a Slideshow to a Track
- Creating Subtitles in DVD Studio Pro, Modifying the Font and Color of Subtitles, Importing Subtitles from a Text File, Previewing Subtitles, Creating Buttons over Video, and Understanding Closed Captioning
- Adding DVD-ROM Content to a DVD-Video Disc, Testing Your Project, Building and Formatting a DVD, Using the Apple DVD Player, Burning a Disc Using the Burn Command, Choosing Recordable DVD Media, and Distributing your Completed DVD
- Understanding Compression, Importing a File into Compressor from Final Cut Pro, Applying Preset Settings, Creating Custom Settings, Setting Compression Markers in Compressor, Creating Chapter Markers, Submitting Files for Encoding, and Creating a Compressor Droplet
- Maintaining the Look of Menu Graphics, Creating Standard Menus, Adding a Simple Overlay, Creating Buttons for the Overlay, Choosing Highlights for Button States, Using Advanced Overlays with Grayscale Color Mapping, Customizing Button Colors, Saving Default Colors, Adding a Motion Background, Setting a Loop Point, Working with Motion Menus, Advantages of Layered Menus, Adding a Layered Menu, Creating Layered Menu Buttons, and Linking your Assets
- Working with Chapter Markers, Creating Markers in Final Cut Pro, Setting Encoding Preferences, Using Stories as Playlists, Creating and Working with Stories, Establishing Connections, and Finding the Unconnected Elements
- Applying a Transition, Using a Video Transition, Using Alpha Transitions, Exploring the Asset Movie, Exploring the Background Matte Movie
- Building Menu Loop Scripts, and Creating Return to Menu Scripts
- Applying a Transition, using a Video Transition, Using Alpha Transitions, Exploring the Asset Movie, and Exploring the Background Matte Movie
- Setting Up the Project, About Alternate Angles, Creating Multi-Angle Tracks, Creating Mixed-Angle Tracks, Targeting Alternate Angle Streams, Simulating Alternate Angle Errors, and Exploring Final Cut Pro Markers
- HD to SD Downconversions, Encoding HD Assets, and Converting SD Projects to HD Projects
- Prerequisites & Certificates
An Introduction to Final Cut Pro 6 or better is essential.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. will make every attempt to be flexible in regards to class cancellations and rescheduling. In an attempt to make sure that everyone enjoys a consistent training experience, Eliquo offers the following cancellation policy:
Any student cancellation that occurs a minimum of six (6) business days prior to a scheduled class is eligible for a full class credit or a 100% refund on the cost of the class.
Due to scheduling logistics, if you cancel or re-schedule a registration within five (5) business days of the course date, payment is due in full at that time and will be held as a credit towards a re-scheduled date or a future course booking. Course credits are valid for 12 months from the date of the original class booking.
All cancellations and rescheduling must be in writing and sent either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 647.258.9319. Verbal communication of a cancellation will not meet our refund requirements.
In the event that a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, your full registration fee will be refunded or you can reserve a seat in the next available class. You will be notified of a class cancellation at least five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled class.
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel a class at any time, in which case the refund and rescheduling policy would apply. Eliquo Training and Development Inc. is not liable for any travel expenses incurred by the student, even in the event of a cancellation.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 787 times.