This boot camp course focuses on general approaches & technologies for network design as well as promotes Cisco solutions in designing & implementing scalable internetworks. A specific goal is the promotion of the new modular approach to network design.
- Course Outline
This boot camp style course focuses on general approaches and technologies for network design as well as promotes Cisco solutions in designing and implementing scalable internetworks. Among specific goals is the promotion of the new modular approach to network design that has been intuitively used for the last few years and that Cisco now wants to formalize. The new Enterprise Composite Model facilitates planning, designing, implementing, operating, and troubleshooting (PDIOT) networks by concentration on a certain module and on relations between the modules. Taking into account that most network solutions today (e.g. voice, video, storage networking, content networking) are typically overlay solutions spanning several modules, the composite modular approach seems even more relevant and is the main focus of this course. Prerequisites for the course are ICND1 and ICND2 or CCNA Boot Camp; BCMSN is also highly recommended. This course is for anyone designing a small to medium size network or anyone designing solutions for the IP network.
Special note Boot Camp students will be provided with a free exam voucher.
Audience Students interested in taking the CCDA or CCDP Certification.
Skills taught Upon completions of the course, students should be able to:
• Describe the principles of network design for building a network design solution
• Describe how the Enterprise Composite Network Model simplifies the complexity of modern networks
• Design the enterprise campus in a hierarchical modular fashion
• Design the enterprise WAN network
• Design a network addressing plan
• Select optimal routing protocols for the network
• Evaluate security solutions for the network
• Assess the design implications of voice transport across the network
• Recognize the network management criteria for the network
Course outline • Applying a Methodology to Network Design
• Structuring and Modularizing the Network
• Designing Basic Campus and Data Center Networks
• Designing Remote Connectivity
• Designing IP Addressing and Selecting Routing Protocols
• Evaluating Security Solutions for the Network
• Identifying Voice Networking Considerations
• Indentifying Wireless Networking Considerations
• Implementing and Operating the Network Design
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Suggested: ICND1 and ICND2 or CCNA or equivalent working knowledge. BCMSN
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 395 times.