CCVP Certification is a new certification focusing on Voice over IP technologies. The CCVP Boot Camp is split into three 1-week classes designed to provide the student with adequate knowledge needed to pass the 5 certification tests required for CCVP...
- Course Outline
CCVP Certification is a new certification focusing on Voice over IP technologies. The CCVP Boot Camp is split into three one week classes designed to provide the student with adequate knowledge needed to pass the five certification tests required for CCVP Certification. Week two focuses on CIPT1 and CIPT2. Students will be presented with the core competencies associated with CIPT converged networks. Students will be instilled with the necessary skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, implement, and operate a Cisco IPT solution. Due to the intense format of this boot camp style course (10 days of study compressed into 5), it is strongly recommended that students have CCNA Voice Certification. ICND along with working knowledge of LANs, WANs, IP switching and routing, and PSTN operations and voice fundamentals are also suggested. Major issues will be covered in the curriculum; it is expected that students will self study minor issues. This course is for network engineers who will be designing IP Telephony solutions that include the deployment of Cisco CallManager software and associated VoIP equiment.
Please note that this course can be taken as part of the 15 day Cisco Certified Voice Professional Boot Camp (CCVP). Please note that although the course content is categorized as intermediate, the learning tempo/rate of delivery of the course is advanced. Therefore, we recommend that candidates have a solid theoretical foundation as well as considerable practical experience when considering boot camp enrollment.
ARP is pleased to offer the official courseware version 6.x which is the required information/content for the current Cisco exam. Our labs have been updated to offer the latest version 7.x.
This is an intermediate course for:
- Network professionals who install, configure, and manage Cisco IP Telephony solutions
- Those pursuing CCVP Certification
- Describe Cisco Unified Communications Manager including its functions, architecture, deployment and redundancy options, and how to install or upgrade
- Perform Cisco Unified Communications Manager platform and general administration, initial configuration, and user management.
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager to support on-cluster calling in a single site deployment
- Implement a dial plan in Cisco Unified Communications Manager to make internal calls and place calls the PSTN
- Configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager media resources, features and voice mail integration
- Describe multisite deployment issues and solutions, and describe and configure required dial plan elements
- Implement call processing resiliency in remote sites using SRST, MGCP fallback, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST mode
- Implement call admission control to prevent oversubscription of the IP WAN
- Implement features and applications that are pertinent for multisite deployments
- Secure a Cisco Unified Communications IP Telephony deployment
- Getting Started with Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Enabling Single-Site On-Net Calling
- Implementing Media Resources, Features and Applications
- Implementing Multisite Deployments
- Implementing Centralized Call Processing Redundancy
- Implementing Bandwidth Management and Call Admission Control
- Implementing Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments
- Securing IP Telephony
- Prerequisites & Certificates
The knowledge and skills you should have before attending this course are as follows: - Computer networking, to include LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing - Enable VLANs and DHCP - Working knowledge of the Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) and its implementation on Cisco IOS gateways - Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks - Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3635 times.