This 5-day advanced course will teach you to design, configure, test, and troubleshoot end-to-end QoS for enterprise networks based on Cisco best practices. Campus QoS design and WAN QoS design are the two major focus areas of this course.
- Course Outline
This 5-day advanced course will teach you to design, configure, test, and troubleshoot end-to-end QoS for enterprise networks based on Cisco best practices. Campus QoS design and WAN QoS design are the two major focus areas of this course. Design considerations for enterprises that need to interface with QoS-enabled MPLS service providers are discussed. The course focuses on QoS theory and practical, real-world, hands-on labs for VoIP, video, and data applications; it is composed of 50% hands-on labs and 50% theory. In the labs, you will use Cisco 7960 IP Telephones, VT Advantage Video Cameras, IP Communicator Softphones, a Protocol Analyzer, a traffic generator, and various data applications.
Audience This advanced course is for network professionals seeking an advanced understanding of Campus QoS (Cisco Catalyst switches) and WAN QoS (Cisco IOS Routers) in a converged voice, video, and data enterprise network.
- How Enterprise and Metro Ethernet switch features differ
- How to configure subrate Ethernet WAN links
- Obtain guidance in selecting an MPLS service provider
- QoS design principles and best practices
- Campus access edge trust models
- WAN bandwidth allocation models
- Enterprise-to-MPLS-service-provider mapping models
- Denial of service/worm mitigation strategies
- Advanced tools in the Cisco QoS toolset
- Cisco AutoQoS enterprise WAN
- LAN QoS design
- QoS configuration on Cisco 6500, 4500, 3750, 3560, 3550, 2970, 2960, and 2950 switches
- How to configure queuing, policing, and WRED/WTD on Catalyst uplinks/downlinks
- WAN QoS design
- How to configure WAN QoS with Leased Line, Frame Relay, ATM, and Ethernet Media
- The use of NBAR to combat known worms and viruses
- How to configure QoS on Cisco Wireless Access Points
- How to interface your enterprise QoS with a QoS-enabled MPLS service provider
Advanced Quality of Service (AQoS)
- QoS Introduction
- The Cisco QoS Toolset - Advanced Tools
- WAN QoS Design
- LAN QoS Design
- Enterprise-to-MPLS-Service-Provider QoS Design
- Prerequisites & Certificates
CCNA required You should also have: ICND (Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices) BSCI (Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks V2.2) BCMSN (Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks V2.2) QOS (Implementing Cisco QoS) CVOICE (Cisco Voice over IP V5.0) CIPT1 (Cisco IP Telephony Part 1)
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 265 times.