A quick immersion course in all the key knowledge areas of Business Analysis.
- Course Outline
An intensive course covering all aspects of the Business Analyst role – from
requirements gathering to testing. All major techniques – both Structured and
Object-Oriented (OO) – are addressed in this course. Each trainee receives a hard
copy of all course material as well as a Job Aids booklet, containing useful
templates, examples, guidelines and glossary for use back on the job.
Most large companies and organizations that rely heavily on software for business
operations, employ Business Analysts to communicate business needs to software
developers. When analysts do not their job effectively, the result is incomplete or
incorrect requirements - leading causes of
In the Crash Course, you’ll learn how to
communication between business stakeholders and developers through
comprehensive requirements analysis and documentation and by guaranteeing
results through structured testing and quality assurance.spiraling development costs and.cut costs and delays by improving
What makes this course stand out from the competition?
in so little time. How can we do this? By removing all of the “fat”
traditionally found in BA courses.
the course to provide a consistent context for learning.
extensive practical experience in business analysis.
Analyst Book of Knowledge published by the IIBA: it has been
developed by BABOK reviewers and is explicitly aligned with the BABOK
by the IIBA and is eligible for credits towards CBAP (Certified BA
Professional) accreditation.Value for money: No course on the market offers this amount of contentScenario-based training: One integrated case study is used throughoutExperience: Our course is written and delivered by professionals withBABOK alignment: Our course aligned with the BABOK – the BusinessCBAP accreditation: The Crash course has been reviewed and certified
• Entry-level IT Business Analysts and their managers
• Self-taught IT Business Analysts requiring a course that fills in the gaps
and puts all the pieces together
• Systems Analysts and programmers interested in expanding their role into
the business area.
The course content is presented through:
• an integrated case study based on a real-life system
• one-on-one assistance during the workshop portion of the course
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Improve the quality of interviews with users using techniques that guide
you through the process, showing you what questions to ask and when.
• Conduct requirements-workshop sessions (group interviews) for capturing
and verifying requirements, using state-of-the-art interviewing techniques –
including use cases and Object Oriented Analysis.
• Write a comprehensive and unambiguous Business Requirements
Document, communicating the needs of the business to users and to the
• Use UML 2 – the current industry OO standard - in preparing business
requirements and diagrams.
• Create requirements documentation that can be used as the basis for
customized development, maintenance of existing systems and/or as
selection criteria for off-the-shelf software.
• Gather business requirements using traditional Structured Analysis and
Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA).
• Describe complex business logic and ensure completeness of testing
using Decision Tables.
• Understand basic concepts of iterative development.
• Specify business processes with use cases.
• Assure quality through structured verification and validation techniques
and use-case scenario testing.:
This course addresses the following BABOK knowledge areas:
Knowledge Area Lesson
1. The BA Role and Requirements Elicitation
8. Project Management for the BA
1. The BA Role and Requirements Elicitation
2. Gathering Requirements with Use Cases
3. Gathering Workflow and Complex Requirements
4. Documenting Requirements using Structured Analysis
5. Documenting Business Rules using Structured Analysis
6. Practical Guide to Object-Oriented Static Modeling and
7. The BA Role in Testing
7. The BA Role in Testing
Enterprise Analysis Excluded
• JAD (Joint Application Design)
• Business data modeling
• Entity Relationship Diagrams
• Use cases: textual documentation and diagrams
• Work Flow Analysis
• Activity Diagrams
• Data Flow Diagrams
• Decision Tables
• Structured Testing principles and methods
• Structured Walkthroughs
• Black Box requirements-based testing including boundary value analysis
• Systems testing (Regression, volume, stress, usability, performance tests)
• Mapping Business Analysis tools to project development phases for:
• Waterfall methodologies
• Iterative methodologies
• Managing Requirements
• Static Object-Oriented (OO) tools for the Business Analyst, using UML 2
• Class diagrams
• Lesson 1: The BA Role and Requirements Elicitation
• Lesson 2: Gathering Requirements with Use Cases
• Lesson 3: Gathering Workflow and Complex Requirements
• Lesson 4: Documenting Requirements using Structured Analysis
• Lesson 5: Documenting Business Rules using Structured Analysis
• Lesson 6: Practical Guide to Object-Oriented Static Modeling and Analysis
• Lesson 7: The BA Role in Testing
• Lesson 8: Project Management for the BA
Set up tables (e.g., round tables) so that trainees are sitting in groups of 3-5. Each
group should have 1 flipchart. Each trainee requires 1 pad or paper + pen + 1 copy
of the course material. The course material comes in one binder and contains:
• Detailed course notes (printed PowerPoint presentation)
• Workshop and Job Aids (Word document) with:
• Full workshop solutions
• Job Aids booklet containing:
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
You may cancel, at no charge, a Class enrollment at least 15 days prior to the Class start date by giving us notice. If your plans change, please cancel your enrollment as soon as possible by calling 416-927-7170. A cancellation must be done on a business day at least 15 days prior to the course start date. If canceled less than 15 days before the course, it is subject to a cancellation charge equal to the list tuition fee. If a student does not attend a Class without having canceled in accordance with these Terms, you must pay the full price for the Class.
Substitutions of enrolled students in the scheduled Classes are permitted at no charge prior to the Class start on the first day. If you are sending a substitute, please let us know to avoid no show charges.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 468 times.