This 2-day workshop will introduce Service Asset and Configuration Management process and its importance to the success of ITSM program in an organization.
- Course Outline
This 2-day workshop will introduce Service Asset and Configuration Management process and its importance to the success of ITSM program in an organization. Also, it will discuss:
- The process activitiesDelivery Methods
- The tools and technology that should support the process and the considerations that should be taken when choosing such tools
- How to manage the process, verify the integrity of the information and improve the process maturity over time.
¢ Instructor led Classroom environmentAudience
¢ Virtual Web-based
IT professionals interested in understanding the content and concepts of the new ITIL® 2011, as well as understand the differences with previous ITIL® V3:Program Objectives
¢ Senior technical and operational staff
¢ IT professionals and consultants
¢ IT customers
¢ SACM process Owner
¢ SAMC process Managers
¢ Configuration Management system Analysts
¢ Configuration Management system tool administrators
¢ Business Analysts, IT Process Designers, Data Architect
¢ Change Managers
¢ IT Consultants, IT Project Managers
¢ The course objectives are to enable course participants a solid understanding of:Program Contents
- ITSM lifecycle at high level
- The Service Asset & Configuration Management process
- The required organizational buy-in and commitment
- The associated tools and technologies
- The related roles and responsibility
- The approach to implementing, managing and improving the process over time.
¢ The program will Introduce ITSM at high level; also it will provide you with the knowledge and first steps to:
- Ensure business buy-in and commitment
- The importance of Governance, risk management for ITSM and all its processes
- Define and create a SACM process
- Define and create a CMDB plan
- Understand the CSFs, KPIs, Metrics associated with the CMS/CMDB
- Understanding the relationships between SACM, CMS, CMDB and other ITSM processes, especially Change Management process
- Impact of change and change resistance
- Linkage and integration with different supporting tools
- The roles and responsibilities associated with the process from defining to managing and improving (Owner, Managers, coordinators, librarians, tools administrators, etc¦)
- Defining and designing CMDB related data model
- Defining, designing and deploying CMS/CMDB
- Technology and deployment considerations
- Defining and building a project plan for creating a CMDB
Program Material (handout)
¢ A printed copy of the instructor(TM)s presentation will be distributed to the participants.
¢ Additional sample documents and templates including:
- Example project plan for creating a CMDB
- Considerations to keep in mind when purchasing a CMS/CMDB tools and technologies
- RACI matrix identifying roles and responsibilities
- Sample roles and responsibilities
- Checklist for criteria to select appropriate CMDB
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of the Cabinet Office
The Swirl logo"¢ is a registered trade mark of the Cabinet Office
- Prerequisites & Certificates
ITIL® Foundation certificate is recommended. Can be obtained by taking Course ITIL Foundation Certification includes exam)
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3139 times.