The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the ITIL® Service Strategy publication.
- Course Outline
ITIL® is a set of best practices guidance that has become a
worldwide-adopted framework for Information Technology Services
Management (ITSM) by many Public & Private Organizations. Since
early 1990, ITIL® has been evolving from focusing on Functions and
Processes under versions 1 and 2 to focusing on the Full Service
Lifecycle Management under current version.
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL® now emphasizes the following areas:
• Assist in transforming IT Service Management onto a strategic business asset
• Assist in defining and managing the complete lifecycle of IT Service Management Process
• Provide guidance on the development of Services Strategy, the development of Service Design, the Transition of Services from current to desired state, the Implementation and the Continuous improvement of the those Services
Through lectures and practice exam questions participants explore the concepts of good practice in IT Service Management based on the ITIL® Edition 2011 Framework.
Duration: 3 days instructor led
Exam: included (morning after final day)
Credits towards Expert Certification: 3
Course Material: Accredited Course Manual, Exam prep Questions and Answers
The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL® publication.
The success in achieving this certification is highly dependent upon participants' effort in doing their homework, and self-study before and during the program. Therefore, it is highly recommended that course participants purchase the appropriate TSO publication to complete at a minimum 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas of the ITIL® Service Management Practice core guidance.
This program is offered over a 3-day period where it combines theoretical and hands-on knowledge transfer, including individual and group practical exercises. The Minimum number of students per session is 6 where the maximum is 18.
• This three (3) days classroom training course with examination held on the afternoon of the 3rd day is accredited by LCS examinations institute.
• The course includes approximately 21 hours of student-instructor interaction, a sample and a formal examination.
• The format of the examination consists of a closed book paper of 8 multiple choice complex questions, to be answered within 90 minutes. (Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do not have English as their first language will be allowed additional 30 minutes to allow use of a dictionary). The pass mark will be 70% or more – 28 or more correct answers.
The main target group for this ITIL® Intermediate Qualification Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:
• Chief information officers (CIOs)
• Chief technology officers (CTOs)
• Supervisory staff
• Team leaders
• Service designers
• IT architects
• IT planners
• IT consultants
• IT audit managers
• IT security managers
• ITSM trainers involved in the on-going management, co-ordination and integration of strategizing activities within the service lifecycle
• Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL® service strategy stage of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
• IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in service strategy
• Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications
• Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
• Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL® Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate) which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Additionally, to be eligible for this ITIL® Intermediate qualification, candidates shall fulfill the following requirements:
• At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
• It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Design publication in preparation for the examination
• There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
Content and Objectives
Through a series of lectures designed at achieving a clear understanding of the ITIL® Best Practice lifecycle approach and through various exercises, assignments and discussions, participants will gain the necessary knowledge of the following subjects:
• Introduction to service strategy
• Service strategy principles
• Service strategy processes
• Organizing for service strategy
• Technology considerations
• Implementing service strategy
• Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
• The purpose of Service Strategy
• The relationship of the Service Strategy to other ITIL® stages
Service Strategy Principles
• This unit introduces the candidate to the core concepts and practices in Strategy and organization applied to Service Management and IT.
• Fundamental aspects of service strategy
• Basic approach to deciding a strategy
• Strategy and opposing dynamics
• Outperforming competitors
• The four P's of service strategy
• Utility and warranty
• Assets – customer, service and strategic
• Service Providers – types and choosing between them
• Defining services
• Strategies for customer satisfaction
• The Kano model
• Service economics
• Sourcing strategy
• Strategy inputs and outputs with the service lifecycle
Service Strategy Processes
• Strategy management for IT services
- The high level steps of performing a strategic assessment
- Analyze the internal and external environment
- Define market spaces and establish objectives
- Strategy execution
• Service portfolio management
• Financial management for IT services
• Demand management
• Business relationship management
The following will be discussed for each of the Service Strategy processes:
• Purpose and objectives
• Value to Business
• Policies, principles and basic concepts
• Process activities, methods and techniques
• Triggers, inputs, outputs and interfaces
• Critical success factors and key performance indicators
• Challenges and risks
• Setting the strategy for governance
• Evaluate, direct, monitor
• Governance framework
• What is IT governance
• Governance bodies
• How service strategy relates to governance
Organizing for service strategy
• Organizational development
• Organizational departmentalization
• Organizational design
• The role of service owner and business relationship manager
• Strategy, portfolio, financial, and demand roles
• Service automation
• Service interfaces
Implementing Service strategy
• Implementation through the lifecycle
• Following a lifecycle approach
• The impact of service strategy on other lifecycle stages
Service Strategy challenges, critical success factors and risks
• Critical success factors
Summary, Exam Preparation and Directed Studies
This module summarizes the material covered in the previous modules and prepares candidates for the examination through the review and practice of a mock examination. The Examination is comprised of eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. The standard duration of the exam is Maximum 90 minutes.
This training program includes the following as reference documentation:
• Program slide presentation
• Syllabus document
• ITIL® acronyms and glossary
• Sample examination questions and answers
Simulation and practical application
We provide the students with real life experiences; for the purpose of discussion and to show the value of using best practice, we could use the client organization as “Case study” example (where private course is delivered).
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate) which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission. Additionally, to be eligible for the ITIL® Intermediate: Service Strategy Qualification, candidates must fulfill the following requirements: * At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme * There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable * Hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management or ITIL® V2 Foundation plus the bridging certificate * It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Strategy publication in preparation for the examination
Exam: included (morning after final day) Version: 2011 Credits towards Expert Certification: 3 PDU's: 18 Course Material: Accredited Course Manual, Exam prep Questions and Answers
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 5871 times.