- Software Testing and Quality Assurance Training Courses
- Performance, Load, and Stress Testing
This practical, hands-on course delivers testing skills participants can immediately apply back on the job. Using a challenging, real-world case study, you'll encounter the same issues, decisions & comparable experiences of testing as in their own work..
- Course Outline
- Setting performance goals and objectives
- Testing system performance, response time, and throughput
- Testing the ability to handle load and stress and identify bottlenecks
- Evaluating whether system resources are being utilized efficiently
- Testing system robustness and capability to recover from errors
- Testing across different configurations or versions
- Testing systems for scalability ("Gee, it worked in the lab ...")
- Automating performance, load, and stress testing
Powerful Techniques for Testing System Characteristics
You have made a heroic effort to test a system under unreasonable deadlines with only limited test staff and equipment. You scrupulously ensure the features work as expected, and system performance seems fine in the test lab. So you release the system. A few days later, you receive a call from a senior user. You are expecting words of appreciation, but he only moans about what you’ve done to him.
The features do work, but response time is slow in live operation. Or the system can not handle peak loads and stresses. Or the system isn't robust and cannot routinely recover from errors. Whether you've already been there or you don’t want to go there, this course is for you! It goes beyond the basics of feature testing to ensure that your software works in its "live" production environment before users discover problems.
In the Real World
This practical, hands-on course delivers testing skills participants can immediately apply back on the job. Using a challenging, real-world case study, you will encounter the same issues, decisions, and comparable experiences of testing as in their own work environment. In this course, you are appointed team leader on a project to test the performance, load, and stress characteristics of a mission-critical system. The application uses a mix of Web, client/server, database, wireless, and telephone technology. The managers who appointed you expect an in-depth presentation on how you’ll proceed. Working through a series of exercises in small teams, you develop a workable strategy for the project.
Audience: System testers, system designers, system tuners, software engineers, quality assurance professionals, and project leaders who are involved in systems testing can benefit from this course. A working knowledge of system testing and quality assurance fundamentals is assumed, but specific technical background (e.g., UNIX, TCP/IP) is not required.
- The problem we are trying to solve
- The imperative to test
- The performance testing track record
- Basic terms and definitions
Understanding how performance testing fits the development process
- Getting started
- Project overview
- Key decisions in testing
- Avoiding surprises
- Justifying the effort
- The initial impact assessment
- Gather background information on the situation
- Validate the test project need and feasibility
- Develop an understanding of the situation
- Develop the overall test approach
- Plan the measurement and load strategy
- Plan the test automation and testware
- Modeling the architecture
- Scalability issues
- Understand measurement
- Response times
- Understanding load
- The initial impact assessment
- Types of performance and robustness testing
- Selecting the types of testing for a project
- Types of measurement
Understanding Load and Risk
- The need for focus
- Major risk factors
- Understanding load factors
- What problems can load tools help solve?
- What do load tools do?
- Comparing feature and load testing tools
- Limitations and common misuses of automated test tools
- What actions to take
- Success factors
- Next steps
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
You may cancel, at no charge, a Class enrollment at least 15 days prior to the Class start date by giving us notice. If your plans change, please cancel your enrollment as soon as possible by calling 416-927-7170. A cancellation must be done on a business day at least 15 days prior to the course start date. If canceled less than 15 days before the course, it is subject to a cancellation charge equal to the list tuition fee. If a student does not attend a Class without having canceled in accordance with these Terms, you must pay the full price for the Class.
Substitutions of enrolled students in the scheduled Classes are permitted at no charge prior to the Class start on the first day. If you are sending a substitute, please let us know to avoid no show charges.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 262 times.