Busy people who need to communicate effectively and manage their time well can use MS Outlook to define tasks accurately, process incoming information, manage schedules, projects and assignments, & create & respond to e-mail with greater confidence.
- Course Outline
Busy people who need to communicate effectively and manage their time well can use MS Outlook to define tasks accurately, process incoming information efficiently, manage schedules, projects and assignments, and create and respond to e-mail with greater confidence.
Time Management Overview
- Principles of time management; evaluate how you allocate your time now
- Setting goals and priorities daily/weekly/monthly and beyond
- Barriers: time thieves, procrastination, information overload, disorganization
- Productivity cycles; planning for the future through scheduling
- How Outlook can help process all the information
- Walk-through MS Outlook features: Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks
- Navigation, views and panes
- Synchronization with hand-held devices and integration with other software
- Best practices, team rules, meaningful subject lines
- Sending options
- Processing task-oriented e-mails (Do, Delegate or Defer)
- Taking action; flagging messages for follow-up
- Keeping the Inbox empty; converting e-mails into appointments and tasks
- Creating subfolders as part of an effective filing system
- Junk mail and spam
- Creating and editing Rules
- Generating Contacts from e-mail messages
- Choosing an e-mail editor
- Best practices using Calendar for workflow management
- Choosing a view
- Blocking time, setting work days and other time zones
- Manage multiple calendars
- Schedule a meeting, appointment, recurring event or Task
- Assigning categories, using labels
- Sharing Calendar
- Updating entries; printing the Calendar; keyboard shortcuts
- Best practices
- Adding and editing Contacts
- Filtering Contacts with views
- Delegating a task to a Contact
- Planning communications for meetings/phone calls
- Integration with other databases of contacts (mail merges, etc.)
- Best practices and the role of Tasks
- Dated and Undated Tasks
- Create, edit, update, assign and track Tasks
- Categorizing Tasks, customized views
- Scheduling a Task; sequencing a group of them
Journal and Notes Folder
- Use Journal for time management and review
- Tracking work activities
- Manual recording of Journal entries, modifying entries
- Create, edit and copy Notes
- Following up on Notes
- Plan ahead, capture information, follow up, store and retrieve info
- How e-mail, meetings and tasks interrelate
- Setting up a MS Outlook Dashboard for time management in one central location
- Analysis of time management is an ongoing activity
- Prerequisites & Certificates
The prerequisites for this course are an introductory course to or a solid working knowledge of MS Outlook.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1881 times.