Microsoft Project is a scheduling & planning tool for project managers. Project provides easy to use tools that enable a user to put together a project schedule and assign responsibilities. This 2 day course combines Microsoft Project Level 1 & Level 2
- Course Outline
Microsoft Project is a scheduling and planning tool for project managers. Project provides easy to use tools that enable a user to put together a project schedule and assign responsibilities.
- Interface Overview
- Use the Project Guide Task Panes
- Use the Project Guide
- Open, Save, Switch and Close Project Files
- Getting Help in Project
- Planning and Creating a Project
- Enter Project Information
- Set Working Time
- Create, Insert, Move and Delete Tasks
- Change Task Duration
- Work with Task Types
- Set Milestones
- Create Recurring, Sub and Summary Tasks
- Types of Constraints
- Create Constraints
- Set Deadlines
- Calendar Types
- Set Up and Create the Project Calendar
- Using Calendar View
- Adjust the Time Scale
- Set, Save, View and Clear Project Baseline
- Set, View and Clear an Interim Plan
- Understand the Critical Path
- Set, View and Shorten the Critical Path
- Use Zoom and the View Bar
- Use Basic and Advanced Views
- Use Find
- Set Page Options
- Set Margins, Headers and Footers
- Modify the Legend
- View Settings
- Preview and Print Options
- Use the Project Guide to Print
- Use File Properties
- Save Options
- Open and Create Templates
- Arrange and Split Windows
- Use Multiple Views
- View Tables
- Sort and Filter Information
- The Work Units Duration Equation
- Create a Resource List
- Assign Work and Materials to a Resource
- Change Resource Calendars and Working Times
- Group and Remove Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Replace Resources
- Use Resource Views
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
- Use the Resource Management Toolbar
- Schedule Overtime
- Level Resources
- Resolve OverAllocations
- Use the Task Views
- Task Indicators and Calendars
- Highlight Changes*
- Use the Task Drivers Pane
- Link and Unlink Tasks
- Use Lag and Lead Time
- Split, Overlap and Delay Tasks
- Assign Variable Units to a Task
- Organize Tasks into Phases
- Enter Completion Dates
- Update Start and Finish Dates
- Change Task Duration and Remaining Work
- Use the Variance Table
- Work and Cost Variances
- Create Pre-Defined and Custom Reports
- Creating Visual Reports*
- Create and Modify Report Templates
- Choose the OLAP Cube
- Use the Field Picker
- Save the Cube and Database
- Use the Copy Picture Copy Picture to Office Wizard
- Create a Report with the Project Guide
- Create a Report from Views ÃNLG,
*Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our outlines as course information from our suppliers changes with each new revision. As a result this outline is subject to change without prior notice.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A solid working knowledge of Windows and Basic MS Office Skills.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 529 times.