- Microsoft SQL Training
- MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance Boot Camp (MS Certification)
MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance Boot Camp (MS Certification)
This Boot Camp provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database.
- Course Outline
The Microsoft SQL Server 2008 certification tracks are designed to demonstrate your custom skill set and in-depth understanding of the features and functionality of key technology areas in SQL Server 2008. Due to the fast changing IT needs, Traincanada ensures that you go through quality training that provides up-to-date knowledge, skills, and practical hands-on experience in a limited time frame.
This Boot Camp provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database. This intensive 6-day boot camp prepares you for the Exam: 70-448: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance.
This Microsoft MCTS boot camp training includes 60 hours of intense training lectures and hands on labs using Microsoft Official Courseware
This training combines and covers materials from the following courses:
6234: Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services Boot Camp (2 days)
- Describe how SQL Server Analysis Services can be used to implement analytical solutions.
- Create multidimensional analysis solutions with SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions and cubes in an Analysis Services solution.
- Implement measures and measure groups in an Analysis Services solution.
- Query a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- Customize an Analysis Services cube.
- Deploy and secure an Analysis Services database.
- Maintain a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- * Implement a Data Mining solution.
Course OutlineIntroduction to Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
- Describe data analysis solutions.
- Describe the key features of SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Install SQL Server Analysis Services.
Creating Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- Develop Analysis Services solutions.
- Create a data source and a data source view.
- Create a cube.
Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Configure dimensions.
- Define hierarchies.
- Sort and group attributes.
Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Work with measures.
- Work with measure groups.
Querying Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- Describe Multidimensional Expression (MDX) fundamentals.
- Add calculations to a cube.
Customizing Cube Functionality
- Implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Implement actions.
- Implement perspectives.
- Implement translations.
Deploying and Securing an Analysis Services Database
- Deploy an Analysis Services database.
- Secure an Analysis Services database.
Maintaining a Multidimensional Solution
- Configure processing settings.
- Log, monitor, and optimize an Analysis Services solution.
- Back up and restore an Analysis Services database.
Introduction to Data Mining
- Describe data mining.
- Create a data mining solution.
- Validate data mining models.
6235: Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services Boot Camp (2 days)
- Describe SQL Server Integration Services and its tools.
- Create an Integration Services package.
- Implement control flow in an Integration Services package.
- Implement data flow in an Integration Services package.
- Implement logging in an Integration Services package.
- Debug and implement error handling in an Integration Services package.
- Implement checkpoints and transactions in an Integration Services package.
- Deploy an Integration Services package.
- Manage and secure an Integration Services package.
Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
- Describe Integration Services solutions
- Use Integration Services tools
Developing Integration Services Solutions
- Create a SQL Server Integration Services solution.
- Use variables.
- Build and run a solution.
Implementing Control Flow
- Configure control flow tasks.
- Configure control flow precedence constraints.
- Configure control flow containers.
Implementing Data Flow
- Implement data flow sources and destinations.
- Implement basic data flow transformations.
- Implement advanced data flow transformations.
- Implement data flow paths.
- Describe Integration Services logging.
- Implement Integration Services logging.
Debugging and Error Handling
- Debug an SSIS package.
- Implement error handling.
Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
- Implement checkpoints.
- Implement transactions.
Configuring and Deploying Packages
- Implement package configurations.
- Deploy packages.
Managing and Securing Packages
- Manage packages.
- Secure packages.
6236: Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Boot Camp (2 days)
- Describe SQL Server Reporting Services and its components.
- Create a Reporting Services report.
- Enhance a Reporting Services report.
- Create and manipulate data sets.
- Use report models to implement reporting for business users.
- Configure report publishing and execution settings.
- Implement subscriptions for reports.
- Administer Reporting Services.
- Implement custom Reporting Services applications.
Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Describe the features of SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Install Reporting Services.
- Describe the Reporting Services tools.
Authoring Basic Reports
- Create a basic table report.
- Format report pages.
- Calculate values for a report.
Enhancing Basic Reports
- Create reports with interactive navigation.
- Display data in various formats.
Manipulating Data Sets
- Define report data.
- Use parameters and filters.
- Use parameter lists.
Using Report Models
- Create Report Models.
- Use Report Builder.
Publishing and Executing Reports
- Publish reports.
- Execute reports.
- Create cached instances.
- Create snapshots and report history.
Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
- Describe report subscriptions.
- Create report subscriptions.
- Manage report subscriptions.
Administering Reporting Services
- Administer the reporting server.
- Monitor performance and reliability.
- Administer the Report Server databases.
- Administer security.
- Upgrade to Reporting Services 2008.
Programming Reporting Services
- Query server information using a Web service.
- Automate report management.
- Render reports.
- Create custom code.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 175 times.