This exam-preparatory instructor led classroom base course provides comprehensive coverage of foundation concepts within the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3.
- Course Outline
ITIL is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for Information Technology Services Management (ITSM) by many Public & Private Organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL has been evolving from focusing on Functions and Processes under versions 1 and 2 to focusing on the Full Service Lifecycle Management under version 3.
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL V3 now emphasizes the following areas:
Assist in transforming IT Service Management onto a strategic business asset
Assist in defining and managing the complete lifecycle of IT Service Management Process
Provide guidance on the development of Services Strategy, the development of Service Design, the Transition of Services from current to desired state, the Implementation and the Continuous improvement of the those Services
This exam-preparatory instructor led classroom base course provides comprehensive coverage of foundation concepts within the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3. Through lectures and practice exam questions participants explore the concepts of good practice in IT Service Management based on the ITIL V3 Framework.
IT professionals interested in understanding the content and concepts of the new ITIL V3, as well as understand the differences with previous ITIL V2
- Executives and key stakeholders
- Process Owners and Managers
- Senior technical and operational staff
- IT professionals and Consultants
- IT customers
- General IT knowledge
- Preferably ITIL awareness
Course Completion Skills:
- To provide participants with a strong understanding of the ITIL V3 Service Lifecycle approach, Service models and framework, ITIL common language, processes definitions and relationships, benefits and goals.
- To provide participants a firm foundation in IT Service Management best practices, the knowledge and pre-requisite to prepare for the ITIL V3 Foundation Certification exam.
- The drivers for ITIL V3, an overview
- Key differences between ITIL V2 and ITIL V3 - What are the major changes?
Module 1 Introduction to Service Management
- The evolution of Service management
- Definition of Service and Service Management
- Service Management as best practice
- The importance of adopting a service and continual improvement culture and approach
- Interface to other framework and standards (i.e. ISO/IEC 20000)
Module 2 The Service Lifecycle
- Objectives and business value
- The main components (the new books) within the 5 stages in the lifecycle (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement)
Module 3 Key Principles of IT Service Management
- Types of service providers
- Five key aspects of Service Design
- The 7 “Rs” of Change Management
- Service “V” model
- Continual Service Improvement model
- The need for IT Governance and control
- Process development characteristic and guidelines
Module 4 Basic concept, objectives and activities of
- Service Portfolio Management
- Service Level Management
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Demand Management
- Financial Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- Supplier Management
- Information Security Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Event Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Access Management
- The 7 step improvement process
Module 5 Overview of the functions
- Service Desk
- Application Management,
- Operations Management
- Technical Management
Module 6 Organization structure
- Key roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Architecture considerations
Module 7 Summary, Exam Preparation and Directed Studies
- This module summarizes the material covered in the previous modules and prepares candidates for the examination through the review and practice of the exam study guide and sample examination questions and answer.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
General IT knowledge Preferably ITIL awareness
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 396 times.