This instructor led, hands-on class covers the fundamentals of SQL and relational databases, using MySQL as a teaching tool.
- Course Start Date: Nov. 15
- Location: Edmonton
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Participants will learn how this powerful relational database management system can make life easier and more fun! This class covers all the basics and will provide you with a solid foundation. This instructor led, hands-on class covers the fundamentals of SQL and relational databases, using MySQL[tm] as a teaching tool.
Students who can benefit from this course:
- New or existing users of MySQL, who have little or no previous experience with a relational database management system;
- Applies to MySQL versions, 4.1, 5.0 and 5.1.
- Features and Benefits of MySQL
- MySQL Products and Service
- Community vs. Enterprise
- MySQL Certification Program
- MySQL Certification Program
- MySQL Website
- MySQL Architecture
- Install and Start MySQL
- SQL Language and MySQL
- Database Design
- Database Modeling
- Data Types
- What is NULL?
- Viewing Database Structure
- Create a New Database Structure
- Creating a Database
- Creating a Table
- The SELECT Command
- MySQL Query Browser
- Delete an Entire Database
- Maintaining Tables
- Maintaining Columns
- Indexes and Constraints
- Data Manipulation
Delete/Modify Table row Data
- The INSERT Command
- The REPLACE Command
- The UPDATE Statement
- The DELETE Command
- Simple Functions
- Grouping With Functions
- Combining Multiple Tables
- Inner Joins
- Outer Joins
- Exporting Data
- Importing Data
- What is a Sub query?
- Categories of Sub queries
- Sub query Types
- Placing Sub queries
- Other Sub query Uses
- Other Sub query Uses
- Creating VIEWs
- Storage Engines
- Retrieving Metadata
- Course Review
- Training and Certification Website
- Course Evaluation
- QA Session
- Prerequisites & Certificates
* Basic computer literacy is required * Previous experience with any command-line program * Knowledge of database concepts * Skills you will gain from taking this course: * Understand the features and benefits of MySQL * Be able to install and start the MySQL server * Understand the basics of Relational Databases * Understand the SQL and MySQL languages * Understand Data/Column types with regard to efficient database design * Be able to view a database design structure/content * Create a database design using an efficient structure * Be able to extract basic database information using the SELECT command * Be able to troubleshoot syntax and understand typical warnings and errors * Be able to delete or modify a database, and table row data * Grouping query data with Aggregation * Connect data from multiple table rows using JOIN * Perform nested sub-queries * Use of Simple Functions (String, Date, Numerical) * Describe MySQL connectors, their major features and differences * Understand MySQL storage engines, transactions and features of the common engines
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
10060 Jasper Ave, Suite 810
Canada T5J 3R8
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 90 times.