Designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of the benefits, functions & impact of the BA role. This course provides a special focus on the business analysis function as it relates to developing information technology solutions...
- Course Outline
Learn How To * Identify the roles and responsibilities of the business analyst
* Define requirements
* Explain the importance of managing risk
* Define the solution vision and scope
* Plan the requirements elicitation process
* Recognize the importance of analyzing and documenting requirements
* Explain the role of modeling for documenting and communicating requirements
* Perform requirements validation and traceability
Course Synopsis At the project's earliest stages the business analyst is key to defining the requirements, as well as planning, defining and validating project scope. It's important to have an understanding of the breadth of knowledge that a business analyst brings to the project team when developing business solutions.
Foundations of Business Analysis is an introductory course designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of the benefits, functions and impact of this critical role. The target audience for this course includes those who are new to the business analyst role or those who supervise and/or work with business analysts. This course provides a special focus on the business analysis function as it relates to developing information technology solutions, given that such an understanding is essential for project success.
The course discusses the business analysis process as it is applied throughout a project to include the pre-project activities that comprise enterprise analysis. Participants also learn how a business analyst supports the project throughout the solution development life cycle, from establishing the solution vision and scope in the analysis phase to validating that requirements have been met in the testing phase.
After completing this course, participants will understand why and when to involve the business analysis function. Plus, they'll have a working vocabulary to enable them to communicate effectively with those who perform that role.
Course Topics 1. Introduction
1. What is business analysis?
2. Best practices in business analysis
3. Benefits of business analysis
2. The Role of the Business Analyst
1. The business analysis process
2. BA role vs. project manager role
3. BA competencies
4. The BA career path
3. Supporting the Project Portfolio
1. The project portfolio
2. Strategic enterprise analysis
3. Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
4. Developing the Solution Vision and Scope
1. Defining solution vision and scope
2. Vision and scope report
3. Conducting a visioning workshop
4. Validating solution scope
5. Understanding Requirements and Business Rules
1. Functional, nonfunctional and implementation requirements
2. Requirements vs. specifications
3. Requirements vs. business rules
4. Risk management and risk response strategies
6. Planning and Eliciting Requirements
1. The Requirements Work Plan (RWP)
2. Components of the RWP
3. Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
4. Elicitation keys to success
5. Elicitation techniques
6. Preparing for change
7. Analyzing and Documenting Requirements
1. Analyzing requirements
2. Characteristics of effective requirements
3. The Business Requirements Document (BRD)
4. The BRD vs. the technical specifications document
5. Components of the BRD
6. BRD validation techniques
8. Modeling Requirements
1. Modeling requirements
2. Models vs. diagrams
3. AS-IS vs. TO-BE modeling
4. Types of models
5. Models and the BRD
9. Assessing and Validating Requirements
1. Validation and verification
2. V-Model of testing
3. Levels and types of testing
4. The master test plan
5. Test scenarios and test cases
- Prerequisites & Certificates
PDUs: 21.0 ACE CREDIT recommendation: Undergraduate: 1 credit hour CPE Credit 2.1 CDU Credit: 21.0
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 261 times.