This Advanced Course will talk about the Introduction to Advanced CSS, Advanced design goals quality and diversity through modularisation, Advanced CSS Box Models, and many more.
- Course Start Date: Feb. 16
- Location: Victoria
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Web design Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Introduction to Advanced CSS
- Standards-based CSS versus Browser-based CSS
- Typical Compromises graphic appeal
- Browser compatibility
- Basic Browser Compatibility versus Advanced Browser Compatibility
- Browser CSS Support IE6-IE7
- IE5 for Mac
- Opera etc.
Advanced design goals quality and diversity through modularisation
- The Elephant Traps classic errors and problems in advanced CSS web design
- Advanced CSS Browser Modes and Browser Detection
- Quirks Mode vs Standards Mode vs Almost Standards Mode
- Standards Mode and the Standard Box Model
- Standards Mode Selection by DOCTYPE
- Forcing IE into Standards Mode
- Barriers To Enforcing Standards Mode For XHTML
- Browser Detection And-Or Object Detection
- Browser Detection Tips
- Browser-specific CSS
- Modular Stylesheets
- Filters And CSS hacks
Advanced CSS Box Models
- A Recap of Key CSS Concepts normal flow
- Block-level element
- Inline element
- Root element
- Containing block
- The W3C Standard Box Model
- Windows IE Box Models - Width -
- Windows IE Box Model - Height -
- Managing the IE-Win Box Model in CSS
- Forcing W3C Standard Widths In IE-Win
- The Tan Hack A Reliable CSS Hack
Advanced CSS Float Models
- Typical Problems With Floats in CSS
- Standards Vs IE Float Models
- The IE Float Model
- Clearing a Float Within Its Container
- Uncontained Floats the Standard Default
- Clearing a Float with after
- Content and Overlapping
- Over-Wide Replaced Content in Floated Containers
- Over-Wide Images In Floats
Automatic Box Sizing in Advanced CSS
- Setting Heights and Widths with auto
- Auto Width Properties in CSS
- Auto Height Properties in CSS
- Auto for Basic Horizontal Sizing
- More Than One Horizontal auto Setting
- Auto and Percentage Box Sizing Gotchas
Advanced CSS Positioning and Offsets
- Recap on CSS Positioning Types static positioning
- Relative positioning
- Absolute positioning
- And fixed positioning
- The Containing Block and the Parent Block
- The Containing Block For Absolute Elements
- CSS Positioning Using Offsets versus Width and Height
- Width and Height in CSS Positioning
- Minimum and Maximum Dimensions Standard CSS Properties - min-width
- Max-height - versus IE Default Behaviour
Common Browser Bugs and Common CSS Problems
- The Most Common Problems in Everyday Practice
- Valid CSS and Valid HTML
- MIME Types
- Media Type Glitches
- FOUC The Flash of Unstyled Content
- Source Code Whitespace Not Ignored
- Resource Paths
- IE Text Size Bug
- Link Pseudo-Class Order - LVHA -
- Unintentionally Styled Anchors
- List Zeroing
- Missing Floats
- Unclickable Links
- Ignored Top Margins
Protruding Top and Bottom Margins
- Protruding Floats in IE
- The Holly Hack
- The 3 Pixel Jog - Text Jog
- 3 Pixel IE Bug -
- The Peek-a-Boo Bug
- Peekaboo Bug Fixes
- The WinIE Guillotine Bug
- Guillotine Bug Fixes
- The IE Click Bug
- The IE Justified Italics Bug
- The Windows IE Unscrollable Content Bug
- The IE Double Float Margin Bug
- The WinIE Creeping Text Bug
The IE6 Duplicate Character Bug
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Completion of the Introductory course or extensive practical experience with Cascading Style Sheets
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
777 Fort Street, Second Floor
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada V8W 1G9
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 34 times.