In this course, you will learn to use advanced techniques to create large, attractive, complex documents, add references, interactivity and generate books.
- Course Start Date: Dec. 14
- Location: Halifax
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Adobe InDesign Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Use advanced techniques to create large, attractive, complex documents. Add references, interactivity and generate books. Items marked with an asterisk (*) are taught for CS5/CS6 only.
- Create and Modify Character and Paragraph Styles
- Manage Style Overrides
- Base One Style on Another
- Create Nested Styles
- Loop Styles and Apply Styles in Sequence
- Import Styles from Word
- Group Styles
- Use the Pen Tool
- Add, Delete and Convert Anchor Points
- Modify Paths and Points
- Use the Pencil, Smooth and Erase Tools
- Create Compound Paths
- Use the Pathfinder Panel
- Type and Modify Text on a Path
- Create and Modify Type Outlines
- Wrap Text
- Hanging Punctuation
- Multi-line Composition
- Justification Controls
- Control Hyphenation
- Keep Lines Together
- Paragraph Rules
- Automate Text Flow Options
- Use Document Installed Fonts*
- Place Multiple Files
- Colour Graphics in Frames
- Use and Modify the Links Panel
- Use Clipping Paths
- Nest Elements
- Use Captions
- Use Live Captions*
- Inline Graphics
- Create Anchored Objects
- Use, Organize and Create Libraries
- Apply Transparency Settings
- Import and Colorize a Black and White Object
- Apply a Blending Mode
- Adjust Transparency for EPS Images
- Apply Transparency to Text
- Use Feathering
- Apply Multiple Effects
- Apply Transparency Flattener Presets
- Apply Master Based on Existing Master
- Duplicate Masters
- Apply Master Pages to Multiple Document Pages
- Create Sections
- Use Multiple Page Sizes*
- Manage Pagination
- Insert a Footnote and Text Variables
- Create a Table of Contents
- Create a Table of Figures/Other
- Generate an Index
- Update a TOC and Index
- Generate Cross References
- Create Animated Page Transitions
- Create and Modify a Book
- Open Books in Explorer or Finder*
- Add Conditional Text
- Track Text Changes*
- Set Application Colour Settings
- Set Document Colour Settings
- Control Imported Graphics
- Locate assets using Adobe Bridge
- Merge Data
- Data Merge to PDF*
- Import Layered Files
- Place Multiple Artboards
- Import Excel and Word files
- Export PDF files
- Save Swatches for Other Documents
- Create Hyperlinks
- Add and Modify Buttons
- Use the Object States Panel*
- Add Interactivity
- Import Sounds and Video
- Import FLV Video and MP3 Audio*
- Use the Media Panel*
- Use the Animation Panel*
- Use Motion Presets*
- Use the Timing Panel*
- Use the Preview Panel*
- Export in Interactive Formats
- Integrate XML Content into a Document
- Import XML Content
- Create a Snippet
- Add Crop Marks
- Use Instant Crop Previews*
- Create Print Presets
- Use Advanced Print Settings
- Create Bleeds, Slugs and Printer's Marks
- Set Menu Options and Interface Preferences
- Modify Keyboard Shortcuts
- Prerequisites & Certificates
An introductory Indesign course, or equivalent working knowledge.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
2000 Barrington Street
Suite 201-Cogswell Tower
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada B3J 3K1
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 59 times.