- Microsoft Systems Center Training
- 6451B: Planning, Deploying and Managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (MS Certification)
6451B: Planning, Deploying and Managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (MS Certification)
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to plan, deploy, and manage Configuration Manager 2007.
- Course Outline
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to plan, deploy, and manage Configuration Manager 2007. The course focuses on planning and deploying sites and clients, configuring software distribution, deploying operating systems, and managing software updates. It also focuses on remote tools and managing mobile devices.
This course is intended for Systems Engineers with one to three years of experience supporting multiple desktop and server computers running Microsoft Windows in medium to large enterprise organizations, and who have a need to plan a Configuration Manager 2007 deployment.
Additionally, this course is intended for Administrators who are responsible for configuring and managing one or more Configuration Manager 2007 sites and all supporting systems. They have one to three years of experience supporting multiple desktop and server computers running Microsoft Windows Server in medium to large enterprise organizations.
Course Completion Skills:
After completing this course, students will be able to plan, deploy, and manage Configuration Manager 2007 for their enterprise environment.
Module 1 Overview of Configuration Manager 2007
This module provides an overview of Configuration Manager 2007 features. It also provides an overview of the Configuration Manager site architecture and clients.
- Where Configuration Manager 2007 Fits Within the System Center Solution
- Configuration Manager 2007 Features
- Overview of Configuration Manager Site Architecture
- Overview of Configuration Manager Client
After Completing This Goal, Students will be Able To
- Describe where Configuration Manager 2007 fits within the System Center Solution.
- Describe the Configuration Manager 2007 features.
- Describe the Configuration Manager site architecture.
- Describe the Configuration Manager client.
Module 2 Planning and Deploying a Single-Site Architecture
This module explains how to prepare for and deploy a Configuration Manager site. It also describes how to discover resources and how to upgrade an SMS 2003 site to Configuration Manager 2007.
- Planning to Deploy a Configuration Manager Site
- Preparing to Deploy a Configuration Manager Site
- Installing a Configuration Manager Site Server
- Discovering Resources
- Upgrading an SMS 2003 Site to Configuration Manager 2007
- Lab A: Deploying a Configuration Manager Site Server
- Exercise 1: Extend the Active Directory schema
- Exercise 2: Install a Configuration Manager site
- Lab B: Managing Users and Configuring Boundaries and Discovery Methods
- Exercise 1: Manage Configuration Manager users
- Exercise 2: Configure boundaries
- Exercise 3: Enable and configure discovery methods
After Completing This Goal, Students will be Able To
- Describe Configuration Manager deployment planning.
- Prepare to deploy a Configuration Manager site.
- Install a Configuration Manager site server.
- Configure and enable discovery methods.
- Outline the process to upgrade an SMS 2003 Site to Configuration Manager 2007.
Module 3 Planning and Deploying Configuration Manager 2007 Clients
This module explains how to prepare for and deploy Configuration Manager clients. It also describes how to manage client installations and how to troubleshoot client deployment issues.
- Preparing for Client Deployment
- Deploying Clients
- Managing Configuration Manager Client Installations
- Troubleshooting Client Deployment
- Lab A: Deploying Configuration Manager Clients
- Exercise 1: Prepare the site for client installation
- Exercise 2: Install the Configuration Manager client using various installation methods
- Lab B: Reviewing Client Deployment
- Exercise 1: Review client deployment
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- A base-level understanding of Systems Management Server 2003. - System Administrator-level working knowledge of: * Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers * TCP/IP networking * SQL Server *Active Directory - Basic Public Key Infrastructure concepts
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 818 times.