This course teaches aspects such as applying aspects alternate page layouts, creating and styling new pages, modifying site navigation, and external data integration and custom workflows.
- Course Outline
For those web developers new to ASP.NET and SharePoint Web Customization, this course addresses of design such as applying aspects alternate page layouts, creating and styling new pages, modifying site navigation, and external data integration and custom workflows. After taking this course, students will understand the difference between using SharePoint Designer 2007 and in-browser tools, including what is achievable with each tool and how and when to use those tools to effect SharePoint site customization. The course also factors in Web site design concepts that focus on creating user-centric SharePoint sites.
The primary audiences for this course are Web designers, administrators, and developers who use and work with Office SharePoint Server 2007 and want to learn how to customize SharePoint sites. These include Web Developers, Webmasters, and Power-users with web development experience.
Course Completion Skills:
- Have the knowledge and skills necessary to complete branding projects and make functional customizations to Windows SharePoint Services v3 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Understand the extent of customizations available using in-browser tool and learn the advantages of using SharePoint Designer 2007 to further enhance SharePoint site customization such as changing master pages and creating multiple-step workflows.
- Understand how SharePoint Designer 2007 can help with administrative tasks such as backing up and restoring sites to alternate locations.
Module 1 Overview
This module gives an overview of SharePoint 2007 web development.
This module explores the basic components of ASPNET, including controls, master pages, data access, and web parts.
- Architecture and Compilation
- Master Pages
- Navigation Controls - Web Development Patterns Explored
- Declarative Data SourcesÂ and Access Layers - Data Access Made Even Easier!
- .Net Providers - More Code Re-Use Patterns
- Web Parts
Lab : ASP
- Understand the new ASP.NET Architecture
- Understand the new ASP.NET Compilation Features
- Explore SharePoint Web Application
- Create User Controls
- Create Server Controls
- Explore SharePoint User Controls
- Explore SharePoint Server Controls
- Understand how to use Master Pages
- Explore SharePoint Master Pages
- Understand how to use Navigation Controls
- Use SiteMapPath control
- Use Menu control
- Use TreeView control
- Explore SharePoint Navigation
- Using Declarative Data Sources
- SharePoint Data Sources
- Understand the Provider Model in ASP.NET 2.0
- Understand the Security Provider Model
- Understand the Membership Provider Model
- Understand how to implement your own Custom Providers
- Change the default Authentication Method of SharePoint to use a custom MembershipProvider (ASP.NET 2.0)
- Understand how to use Web Parts
Module 3 Localization
This module explains localization, and more specifically, SharePoint localization.
- SharePoint Localization
Lab : Localization
- How to change the localization of your SharePoint sites
Module 4 CSS
This module explains CSS and how to use it with SharePoint.
- SharePoint CSS
Lab : CSS
- Apply CSS
- Inline CSS (Header)
- Internal CSS
- External CSS
- Cascading CSS
- CSS Order
- SharePoint CSS
Module 5 XSLT
This module explains what XSLT is and covers its elements and functions.
- What is XSLT
- XSLT Elements
- XSLT Functions
- Unsupported XSLT
Lab : XSLT
- Create simple XSLT
- XSLT Elements
- XSLT Functions
Module 6 AJAX
This module introduces AJAX and Client Side Scripts.
- Client Side Scripts
Lab : Client Side Scripts AJAX
- Use AJAX in your web parts!
- Lab : Client Side Scripts AJAX
- Explore AJAX Control Toolkit controls
Module 7 SharePoint Architecture
This module explains SharePoint architecture, the role of IIS and ASP.NET, and content databases.
- IIS and ASP.NET
- SharePoint Architecture
- 12 Hive
- Content Databases
- Customized vs. Uncustomized pages
Lab : SharePoint Architecture
- Explore HttpHandlers
- Explore HttpModules
- Explore a SharePoint config file
- Learn Content Database structure
- Use Sql Profiler to reverse engineer the web front end and stsadm
- Create a Customized Page
- Analyze a Customized Page
- Reset a Customized Page
Module 8 In Context Web Applications
This module explains web applications and how to create them.
- Layouts Directory
- In-Context Web Applications
- Migrating Web Applications
- Lab : In Context Web Applications
- Learn how to create a new ASP.NET Application on the SharePoint Server
Module 9 Debugging SharePoint
This module covers SharePoint debugging and the logs directory.
- W3WP Process
- Logs Directory
Lab : Debugging SharePoint
- Learn to Debug SharePoint via Log Files
- Learn to Debug SharePoint via Visual Studio
- Log to the SharePoint log File
Module 10 In Browser Customizations
This module explains how to use the SharePoint UI to customize pages.
- SharePoint UI Overview
- Everything Is a List
- Using Web Parts
- Customization Web Parts
- Adding New Pages
- Editing Pages
- Master Pages
Lab : In Browser SharePoint Customization
- * Add/Move/Configure Web Parts
- * Add a Page View Web Part
- * Add a Content Editor Web Part
- * Add a Content Query Web Part
- * Create new Web/Web Part Pages
- * Create a Master Page
- * Applying a Master Page
- * Create/Apply custom CSS
- * Apply custom Theme
- * Enable Versioning and Content Approval
- Modify Site Navigation
- Modify Quick Launch Navigation
- Regional Settings
- Create a Content Query Web Part
- Create a new Page Layout
- Create a new Page using a Page Layout
Module 11 SharePoint Designer
This module describes reports, data views, and workflows using SharePoint Designer.
- Customization With SharePoint Designer
- Data Views
- Backup / Restore
Lab : Basic SharePoint Designer
- Open An Existing SharePoint Site
- Create A New SharePoint Site
- Explore SharePoint Folders (Team Site)
- Explore SharePoint Folders (Portal Site)
- Create ASP.NET Page
- Modify a built-in CSS Style Sheet
- Create/Attach a CSS style sheet
- Create/Attach/Detach a Master Page
- Add Web Parts
- Add Web Part Zone
- Adding Images (_images directory)
- Reset to Site Definition
- Explore Built In Reports
- Create/Manage Data Views
- Create/Manage Data Sources
- Merge Two Data Sources
- Link Two Data Sources
- Data View Parameters
- Use one of each Built-In Activity
- Create a custom workflow activity for SharePoint Designer
- Create a custom condition for SharePoint Designer
Module 12 SharePoint Web Development
This module covers web development using SharePoint, including user controls and pages.
- Adding/Using User Controls
- Adding/Editing Pages
- Security Trimmed Interface
Lab : SharePoint Web Development
- Adding Application Pages (Bin and Gac deployment) [_layouts]
- Adding Site Pages [content database]
- SharePoint Server Controls
- Use the SharePoint SPSecurityTrimmedControl to hide content and controls
Module 13 Using CAML
This module explains the use of CAML for creating site definitions such as templates and themes.
- Built-In Definitions
- Templates and Themes
Lab : Custom Site Definitions
- Create a new Site Definition (Manually)
- Create a new Site Definition (Visual Studio)
- Learn to create your own theme
- Install Microsoft 40 Templates
Module 14 Features
This module covers the many features of SharePoint
- Features Overview
- Types of Features
- Feature Scopes
- Feature Dependencies
- Feature Sequence
- Feature Localization
- Feature Event Receivers
- Feature Stapling
- Creating Features
- Deploying Features
Lab : Features
- Learn to create a Feature.xml file
- Use the Feature.xml file to point to a custom user control
- Various Feature Types (List, Module, Content Type)
- Utilize the Visual Studio Extensions for WSS 3.0 to build Features!
- Create several features and package them as a solution file (.wsp)
Module 15 Making An Internet Site
This module explains how to create an Internet site.
- SharePoint and ASP.NET
- Creating A Site
- Content TypesÂ and Page Layouts
- Reusable Content
Lab : Making An Internet Site
- Strip down the internet site template
- Lab : Reusable Content
Module 16 Content Deployment Features
This module explains how to deploy content and how to create and use variations.
- Content Deployment
Lab : Content Management Features
- Setup Content Deployment PathÂ and Jobs
- Quick Deployment
- Debug Content Deployment
- Create Variations
- Use Variations
- Variation Label Menu
- Custom Variation Root Landing page
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Prior to taking this course, students should have a general knowledge of Web site design and methodologies. They should also be familiar with SharePoint from an end user or administrative point of view. An understanding of ASP.NET 2.0 master pages and cascading style sheets is helpful, but not required. You should have basic CSS, XML, and HTML, and an understanding of SharePoint basics. An understanding of C# and .NET programming IS REQUIRED.
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 477 times.