- Microsoft Windows Server Training
- 50202A: Windows Small Business Server 2008 Workshop (MS Certification)
This workshop provides students with the knowledge to plan and implement Windows Small Business Server 2008, and migrate from Windows Server 2003 or Windows Small Business Server 2003 to Windows Small Business Server 2008 in a classroom environment.
- Course Outline
This one-day hands-on workshop provides students with the necessary knowledge to plan and implement Windows Small Business Server 2008, and migrate from Windows Server 2003 or Windows Small Business Server 2003 to Windows Small Business Server 2008 in a classroom environment. This course covers new technology in Windows Small Business Server 2008. In addition, students gain first-hand knowledge about migrating their clients from Windows Small Business Server 2003 to Windows Small Business Server 2008.
This course is intended for technology consultants, system integrators, and in-house technology staff that serve small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and design, implement, and maintain a Small Business Server network for SMBs, and have experience with Windows Small Business Server 2003.
Course Completion Skills:
- Install Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Configure Windows Small Business Server 2008 using the Windows Small BusinessÂ Server 2008 Console.
- Manage users and groups in Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Manage messaging and collaboration in Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Manage and monitor Windows Small Business Server 2008.
- Migrate to Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008.
Session 1 Installation and deployment
- Introduction to Windows Small Business Server 2008 (SBS 2008)
- System Requirements
- Installing SBS 2008
- Getting Started Tasks
- Joining clients to the SBS 2008 domain
- Lab : Installation and Deployment
- Install and configure SBS 2008
- Join client computers to the SBS 2008 Domain
- Manage the Client Computer from the Windows SBS Console
Session 2 Administer users, groups and computers
- Managing Users and Groups
- Managing Computers
- Configuring Remote Access
- Lab : Administer Users, Groups and Computers
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Client Computers
- Administering Remote Web Workplace
Session 3 Manage Messaging, Administer and maintain system services
- Manage Messaging
- Modify Server Storage
- Configure Reports
- Backup and Recovery of SBS 2008
- Lab : Manage Messaging, Administer and maintain system services
- Moving Data Folders
- Manage Mailboxes
- Backup and Restore SBS 2008
Session 4 Migrating to SBS 2008 from SBS 2003 or Windows Server 2003
- Source Server Preparation
- Configuring the Answer File
- Performing Migration Tasks
- Source Server Decommission
- Lab : Migrating to SBS 2008 from SBS 2003
- Creating the Migration Answer File
- Running the Migration Preparation Tool
- Performing Migration Tasks
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Two or more years experience in the design and implementation of Windows SBS 2000 or SBS 2003. Two or more years experience with Microsoft Windows networking. In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following courses: Course 6420: Fundamentals of a Windows Sever 2008 Network Infrastructure and Application Platform Course 6424: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Course 5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 303 times.