- Security Programming and Security Management
- 2810A: Fundamentals of Network Security (MS Certification)
This four-day, instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to begin supporting network security within an organization
- Course Outline
This four-day, instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to begin supporting network security within an organization. Students who complete this course will be able to identify security threats and vulnerabilities, and help respond to and recover from security incidents.
This course will cover security concepts that are prerequisites for attending other Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) courses for security specialists and help prepare students for the CompTIA Security+ exam.
This course has been approved as CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum (CAQC) for the CompTIA Security+ certification. The CAQC program assures students that all test objectives for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam are covered in the course materials.
Although the course focuses on Microsoft product- and technology-specific implementation of security concepts, many of these same concepts can be applied to other technologies.
This course is designed for administrators who are responsible for the day-to-day administration of Microsoft Windows 2000. Students should have general knowledge of networking concepts and one or more years of experience managing Windows 2000. Other IT professionals may also take this course on the path to becoming a security specialist.Course Completion Skills:
- Explain common attacks against network assets, the associated threats and vulnerabilities, and what network security personnel do to secure assets.
- Explain how to use cryptography to help protect information and how to choose an appropriate encryption method for an organization.
- Implement security-enhanced computing baselines in an organization.
- Help protect information in an organization by using authentication and access control.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Help protect transmission of data by identifying threats to network devices and implementing security for common data transmission, remote access, and wireless network traffic.
- Help protect Web servers against common attacks and configure security for Web browsers.
- Help protect e-mail messages and instant messaging from common security threats.
- Identify common security threats and vulnerabilities to directory services and DNS, and then apply security methods to help protect them.
- Identify network perimeter threats and monitor perimeter security for a network.
- Identify types of security policies to manage operational security, and then use these policies to ensure compliance by users in an organization.
- Preserve business continuity by implementing a security-enhanced disaster recovery strategy, communicating risks to others, and performing secure backup and recovery.
- Identify, respond to, and assist in the formal investigation of security incidents.
- Preparing to Secure Information
- Maintaining Baseline Security
- Securing Accounts (MBSA)
- Using Cryptography to Help Protect Information
- Using Certificates
- Securing Web Servers
- Protecting Clients from Active Content
- Securing Mail Servers
- Managing Security for Directory Services and DNS
- Securing Data Transmission
- Using IPSec to Secure Data Transmission
- Implementing and Monitoring Security for Network Perimeters
- Managing Operational Security
- Preserving Business Continuity
- Responding to Security Incidents
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 274 times.