- Security Programming and Security Management
- 2801C: Microsoft Security Guidance Training I (MS Certification)
This one-day instructor-led clinic provides students with introductory knowledge and skills essential for the design and implementation of a more secure computing environment.
- Course Outline
This one-day instructor-led clinic provides students with introductory knowledge and skills essential for the design and implementation of a more secure computing environment. It also provides students with prescriptive guidance on security update management and best practices for implementing security on Microsoft Windows Server and client computers.
Attendees will be current IT professionals with experience using Microsoft Windows 2000 Server or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and with knowledge of Active Directory concepts. The students will be in an environment where they are responsible for aspects of security management and deployment associated with their internal network infrastructure and Internet or intranet services.
Course Completion Skills:
- Establish the business case for security.
- Apply Security Risk Management principles to ensure that security practices reflect real business needs.
- Use multiple layers of defense to minimize the possibility of successful attacks against an organization.
- Respond effectively to security incidents.
- Describe specific attack scenarios and implement measures to combat them.
- Implement best practices for maximizing security in a networked environment.
- Discuss the 10 immutable laws of security.
- Understand the processes that Microsoft has developed to respond to system attacks and how to apply a successful patch strategy.
- Use patch management tools and processes to implement patch management in their organizations.
- Describe the Microsoft strategy for continuing to deliver improved patch management tools, technologies, and information to customers.
- Understand the importance of server security.
- Use Active Directory Group Policy to manage server security.
- Apply the Windows 2003 Security Guide templates for server hardening.
- Understand the additional security features included with Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1.
- Use the Security Configuration Wizard to increase security for computers running Windows Server 2003 SP1.
- Manage domain controller policy settings.
- Understand the requirements for securing client computers in environments where Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, and Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 servers are present.
- Increase security for stand-alone clients.
- Use Software Restriction Policy to manage application security for computers in an organization.
- Understand antivirus strategies and best practices for deploying antivirus software.
- Understand firewall technologies and best practices for implementing a firewall.
- Understand new security features included in Microsoft Windows XP SP2.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Prerequisites Hands-on experience with Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 management tools. Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 279 times.