- Microsoft Windows
- 2264A: Exam Preparation for the MCDST Certification Hands-on Lab (MS Certification)
This one-day instructor-led hands-on lab prepares students who are currently providing end-user support in a Microsoft Windows XP operating environment with a review of the objectives covered on the (MCDST) certification exams.
- Course Outline
This one-day instructor-led hands-on lab prepares students who are currently providing end-user support in a Microsoft Windows XP operating environment with a review of the objectives covered on the Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification exams.
This hands-on lab is intended for current Windows XP end-user support personnel who are currently at a skill level comparable to a 200 - 300 level expertise and will typically be considered Tier 2 or Tier 3 level end-user support.
- This hands-on lab will help the student prepare for the following Microsoft Certification exams:
- Exam 70-271: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
- Exam 70-272: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
Course Completion Skills:
- Prepared to take exam 70-271, Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System; this includes:
- Troubleshooting the installation of a Windows XP desktop operating system
- Managing and troubleshooting access to resources
- Configuring and troubleshooting hardware devices and drivers
- Configuring and troubleshooting the desktop and user environments
- Troubleshooting network protocols and services
- Prepared to take exam 70-272, Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System; this includes:
- Configuring and troubleshooting applications
- Resolving issues related to usability
- Resolving issues related to application customization
- Configuring and troubleshooting connectivity for applications
- Configuring application security
This session provides hands-on activities that review the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for MCDST exam 70-271, Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System.
- Installing Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional
- Managing and Troubleshooting Access to Resources
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Drivers
- Configuring and Troubleshooting the Desktop and User Environments
- Managing and Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services
- Session Review
Session 2 Preparing for Exam 70-272, Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
This session provides hands-on activities that review the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for MCDST exam 70-272, Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Applications
- Resolving Issues Related to Usability
- Resolving Issues Related to Application Customization
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Connectivity for Applications
- Configuring Application Security
- Session Review
- Prerequisites & Certificates
This hands-on lab requires that students meet the following prerequisites: Have experience with resolving issues for end users who are running Windows XP Be employed in an end-user or helpdesk support role at the 200 level (this translates into Tier 2 or Tier 3 helpdesk staff) Have knowledge of configuring and using Microsoft Office applications Have 50% - 75% of the skills reflected in the preparation guides for exams 70-271 and 70-272 Weakest skill areas may include: Navigating the Windows XP UI Verifying which security settings are being applied locally and from a domain via local and domain group policies Working with Internet Explorer Security and Privacy settings Troubleshooting IP communications
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 201 times.