An intensive course covering all aspects of the Business Analyst role - from requirements gathering to testing. All major techniques - both Structured and Object-Oriented (OO) - are addressed in this course.
- Course Outline
Entry-level I/T Business Analysts and their managers, self-taught I/T Business Analysts requiring a course that fills in the gaps and puts all the pieces together, Systems Analysts and programmers interested in expanding their role into the business area.
In the Crash Course, you'll learn how to cut costs and delays by improving communication between business stakeholders and developers through comprehensive requirements analysis and documentation and by guaranteeing results through structured testing and quality assurance.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve the quality of interviews with users using techniques that guide you through the process, showing you what questions to ask and when.
- Conduct group sessions for capturing and verifying requirements (JAD and Structured Walkthroughs).
- Write a comprehensive and unambiguous Business Requirements Document, communicating the needs of the business to users and to the technical team.
- Use UML - the current industry OO standard - in preparing business requirements and diagrams.
- Employ techniques for choosing off-the-shelf software.
- Gather business requirements for customized software using traditional Structured Analysis and Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Describe complex business logic and ensure completeness of testing using Decision Tables.
- Manage software releases using iterative development processes (e.g., RUP - Rational Unified Process)
- Specify business processes with use cases.
- Assure quality through structured verification and validation techniques and use-case scenario testing.
- JAD (Joint Application Design)
- Business data modeling
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Use Case diagrams
- Work Flow Analysis
- Activity Diagrams
- Data Flow Diagrams
- Condition-Response Tables
- Dialogue Tables
- Decision Tables
- Structured Testing principles and methods
- Structured Walkthroughs
- Black Box requirements-based testing including boundary value analysis
- Systems testing (Regression, volume, stress, usability, performance tests)
- Mapping Business Analysis tools to project development phases for:
- Waterfall methodologies (e.g., IPMP, PSDI, 3-D Process, etc.)
- Iterative methodologies (e.g., RUP)
- Object-Oriented (OO) tools for the Business Analyst, using UML
- Use cases, Class diagrams
- Rational ROSE Evaluation Edition is available for use in this course by request.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course will be fully refunded less a $75 processing fee. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
Acend Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 357 times.